3d Printer User's Group

I've been using Elegoo Water Washable resin and am quite pleased with it.

I had a happy accident. I put my finished model with supports in my water bath to scrub it and got distracted. I promptly forgot about for an an hour or so and pulled it out.  The surface was a bit soft, but the supports came off like slow cooked pork ribs.  As long as you touch the model by the supports and/or unimportant sections to avoid marring the surface it worked like a champ.

I try to keep the surface area on the FEP to a minimum to reduce the fluid suction forces between it and the print plane. Too much area being printed at once will rip the print off the supports.

I got all the models off Thingverse, over a period of time.  Some are scaled down 28mm (Sicaran), some are scaled up Epic (Land Raider, Predator).  All had to be modified.

I'll share the files to any who want them.  I have the modified parts STLs, presupported STLs, and chitubox files.  None are suitable for 28mm anymore.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2021 at 2:29 PM, scottshoemaker said:

I try to keep the surface area on the FEP to a minimum to reduce the fluid suction forces between it and the print plane. Too much area being printed at once will rip the print off the supports.

I got all the models off Thingverse, over a period of time.  Some are scaled down 28mm (Sicaran), some are scaled up Epic (Land Raider, Predator).  All had to be modified.

I'll share the files to any who want them.  I have the modified parts STLs, presupported STLs, and chitubox files.  None are suitable for 28mm anymore.

What scale are you playing at?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, dumb question time.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a resin printer this summer, no worries on that front.

I do all my "computer" stuff from my phone, sometimes I'll step up to the tablet. Looking like I'll need a laptop as well correct? Don't see some of these programs running on a tablet. I do have a laptop but it's ancient and really only good for streaming Netflix etc.

What's a good, inexpensive laptop that can handle printing needs? Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?