3d Printer User's Group

getting my Anycubic Photon S required a little adjustment - but after everything was level and I got good exposure times things were good until I got into different resin bottles / manufacturers.  Then again some test prints to get adjusted.  The FEP (the film at the bottom of the resin tray) wears out - or sometimes needs to be replace - and getting things dialed in after that change can be tedious as well.  But I think the support on the inter webs is pretty good with the forums and facebook groups for help.

Fumes - if your inventive - its not a big deal to work out some sort of exhaust set up.

-d

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Would the monoprice MP delta pro be a decent printer to get? Its currently on sale and seems like a great way to get started for the price point.

Sourcing replacement parts for monoprice products is tough.  My mainboard went out on 2 printers and no replacements are available. 

Monoprice is def a lowend printer.  If you want to get a taste for printing and it's really cheap, then go for it. I'd consider it disposable.

There is lots of community support and you tube help for the ender 3, which has a good middle price point.

I've been printing EPIC stuff on my older resin (anycubic photon S)... does a good job.  The new mono looks good - with the new LCDs being a revolution in speed and detail.  The resins are hazardous - and require some care when dealing with them.  But the results can be really nice.

-d

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

can get the big one for the same money as the elegoo

The Mighty and the Saturn are very similar! Same price point now. Saturn doesnt have wifi though:( So I have to walk to my Garage (which I have to anyways) to load up and start a print. Prints look great on the Mighty!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That good feeling of your printer working pretty well, right out of the box!

image.thumb.png.2b4ccfb5976e8485acfb075622a2c266.png

I think the center of the image says that I'm slightly over exposed... and/or my resin is old.

image.png.4231b5ed3b527dd1a0b5a3d43fd0dd14.png

I'm following this video on a new printer:

(1) How to Dial In ANY Resin for the Perfect Print! - YouTube

I'm using Chitubox with the default profile for Elegoo Mars 2 Pro.  

This is with slightly expired Elegoo resin.  

Test file: Resin XP2 Validation Matrix https://github.com/Photonsters/Resin-...

Settings:

image.png.f738650fc590ffc67e0631eacf460ac0.png

Any questions or comments welcome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FEP Changed, releveled and re-zeroed. MUCH better! I think I didn't let the resin warm up enough and sit long enough so I had some bad bubbling at first:/ Still not perfect, but it is a great benchmark to start.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix some of the issues they see on the test square?

Thank you for the test file and the video! It is so easy to quickly print off a test square to see how the printer is doing. Im going to do this every time I use the printer now.

• Like 2

Moving my printer and resin out of the garage made a world of difference. Between getting up to temp, and using unexpired (me) resin, my next steps will be incrementing my exposure time down, maybe. 

I love the test square too, it's quick and not a waste of too much resin if it goes wrong.  

Your second set looks much better! The bubbles are odd, especially how there seems to be a pattern.  Maybe jiggle your vat lightly after pouring the resin in to 'free' some of the bubbles?  Do you think the piece warped when you removed it, or did it lose adhesion to the build plate?

If this isn't a resin age/temp issue, then it might be a little overexposed. I'm still learning myself.  Keep it up!!

image.png.a4c247cbff5dc98c9f827311822184dc.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1