Wondering about interest in an escalation league over the next few months?

3 hours ago, scotthartman said:

As title suggests, wondering what interest there may be. I'm intrigued by revised rules but haven't played any Sigmar other than a couple of demo games quite a while ago.

Im running an  escallation league up at Geeks and Games in OC that starts this friday at 6:00:)

July is 500 pts and it goes up by 500 per month up to 2500 in Nov,,we are topping it off with a grand battle over 4 tables linked with realmgates.There is a 10.00 per month fee that pays for monthly prizes for best painted,best sport and the top points leader,I have a points system worked out for this.There is also a 10% discount on store purchases on league night.

We regularly have anywere from 4 up to 12+ players each week.I only play if theres an odd number of players so I garantee you will get a game,,come check it out!

19 minutes ago, Threejacks said:

Im running an  escallation league up at Geeks and Games in OC that starts this friday at 6:00:)

July is 500 pts and it goes up by 500 per month up to 2500 in Nov,,we are topping it off with a grand battle over 4 tables linked with realmgates.There is a 10.00 per month fee that pays for monthly prizes for best painted,best sport and the top points leader,I have a points system worked out for this.There is also a 10% discount on store purchases on league night.

We regularly have anywere from 4 up to 12+ players each week.I only play if theres an odd number of players so I garantee you will get a game,,come check it out!

That sounds nice but is super far for me to come down there. Was hoping something at WoW might be happening or could happen.

13 hours ago, Threejacks said:

July is 500 pts and it goes up by 500 per month  

Any special army construction rules other than what’s in Generals Handbook? What armies are usually in attendance?

5 hours ago, Norrad said:

Any special army construction rules other than what’s in Generals Handbook? What armies are usually in attendance?

Naa,,we just use matched play rules pretty much,,though sometimes play using the open play or narrative scenarios or even the open play cards that are now just charts in the book.We have pretty much agreed that the new Malign Sorcery expansion is part of the game as well.

For 500 pts you will just need one Battleline selection,then up to 2 at 1000.Also no named Behemoths until 1500 pts...so yeah no bringing Arkhaon  with Tzeench dice at 1k..or Nagash.

We all have a pretty good selection of armies,though I would say that Destruction is probably least represented in our casual sessions,,probably why im working my Ironjawz mixed with other destro for this,,though I may jump to my stomcast or other order armies now and then.You can bring whatever ya want though,,,for instance one of the real rare armies we never see like CHAOS DWARVES,,one of our regulars was talking about how they got such a huge buff with 2.0..I guess they are a Forgeworld only army though so that may be out of the question,..except for those very few of us that may have an army of evil stunties laying around.

Also this is a "make it when ya can" thing,,all casual and no pressure at all.We like to try different stuff and players seldom bring the same hard core list every week.

I will be posting more info over at the OC Geeks and Gamers fp page in a day or so:)

20 hours ago, Jeff Cope said:

OCG&G is far for me too. 

I’m considering starting up a semi-monthly AoS game at Guardian on Sunday evenings.  2x a month is the most I can realistically commit to, but I want to make sure I can do that before moving forward. 

Come play with us at WOW on Sunday. 3-8ish