Warhamster Autumn Mordheim Campaign

Koyote

I've finally figured out how I want to calculate campaign points. 

I've added this information along with a campaign points/reputation reward system to the bottom of the first post of this thread.

I've also added, as an attachment, a pdf copy of the Campaign Roster.

Check out the new rules and start preparing your warbands. October 9th will be here before you know it. :happy:

ULQct1.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

So excited! The count down commences... where did I put that list I wrote...

Me too.

I have drafted a Campaign packet that will include all of the campaign specific rules and campaign point roster.

VonVilkee, do you have a photo of your Night Goblin warband?  I'd love to see one.

vthK6O.gif

I know folks are finishing up the Infinity League this week, but if anyone's available I would appreciate a demo game tomorrow night (10/2) in preparation for the campaign kick off next week. Also, a warband creation question. Is there any inherent advantage/disadvantage to buying your warrior equivalents in large groups instead of buying a lot of single groups of warriors? I bring this up for upgrade purposes, since while reading the rules, all models in the same group obtain the same upgrade when the group ranks up. For example, dwarf warriors can be bought in batches of 1-5. Is there a "magic number" for group sizes of warrior equivalents or not to benefit the most from upgrades later on? Thanks guys!

6 minutes ago, SigurdBC said:

Also, a warband creation question. Is there any inherent advantage/disadvantage to buying your warrior equivalents in large groups instead of buying a lot of single groups of warriors? I bring this up for upgrade purposes, since while reading the rules, all models in the same group obtain the same upgrade when the group ranks up. For example, dwarf warriors can be bought in batches of 1-5. Is there a "magic number" for group sizes of warrior equivalents or not to benefit the most from upgrades later on? Thanks guys!

Henchmen gain experience and make advance rolls as a group.  When a henchman dies, you can replace it, but it costs a bit extra if the henchmen group has earned XPs (see p.102 of the Mordheim rule book).  You can even add additional henchmen to a group, growing it beyond its starting number.  Once again, this costs extra if the henchmen group has earned XPs.  In both instances, if you wish to add henchmen to an experienced group, you must roll to see how many XPs worth of experienced henchmen you can find after each game.  If you roll too low, you may not be able to recruit the desired henchmen.   Experienced Henchmen groups have the potential to becoming quite fearsome, but if the last henchman in the group dies, you cannot add replacements, so its gone from the campaign.

On the other hand, the only way to increase your number of heroes beyond the limitations stated in your warband's rules is for one of your Henchmen groups to roll the 'Lads Got Talent' result on the Henchmen advance table.  The more henchmen groups you have, the more rolls you'll get on that table and in theory, the more likely you'll get the desired result.

11 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

While I would love a demo game too, the infinity thing seems to take up all the tables... tried a 40k narrative campaign game ended up at my place to play...

The Infinity league ended last week, so moving forward there should be more available table space.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koyote said:

Henchmen gain experience and make advance rolls as a group.  When a henchman dies, you can replace it, but it costs a bit extra if the henchmen group has earned XPs (see p.102 of the Mordheim rule book).  You can even add additional henchmen to a group, growing it beyond its starting number.  Once again, this costs extra if the henchmen group has earned XPs.  In both instances, if you wish to add henchmen to an experienced group, you must roll to see how many XPs worth of experienced henchmen you can find after each game.  If you roll too low, you may not be able to recruit the desired henchmen.   Experienced Henchmen groups have the potential to becoming quite fearsome, but if the last henchman in the group dies, you cannot add replacements, so its gone from the campaign.

On the other hand, the only way to increase your number of heroes beyond the limitations stated in your warband's rules is for one of your Henchmen groups to roll the 'Lads Got Talent' result on the Henchmen advance table.  The more henchmen groups you have, the more rolls you'll get on that table and in theory, the more likely you'll get the desired result.

What I like to do is start with henchmen groups of 1. Then add new henchmen into the group that gets the best level up. Some level ups are kinda useless for a henchmen groups (yay my saurus warrior is now initiative 2!), but +1 attack, strength, or BS can often be amazing. Multiply that good roll by buying as many guys into that group as it makes sense to. 

• Like 1

In one short week's time, we begin our adventures in the benighted county of Sylvania.  To prepare, you need to hire your warband, gather your minis (including a half dozen models to use as zombies), and reread the first post of this thread

I updated post #1 this afternoon.  It now contains the final version of the campaign schedule and two important pdfs, the Mordheim Campaign Packet and the Sylvania Setting Rules Packet.  If you downloaded my Sylvania packet pdf prior to this afternoon, please do so again.  The version currently attached to post #1 includes some changes to the Sylvania Exploration Chart and a few other tweaks.

Please read both packets.  If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

o7kxks.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Munkie said:

I can't remember/can't find a ruling on 2 items with parry. Is there a benefit? 

Page 20-21 of the Mordheim rulebook answers this question. 

"If your model is armed with a buckler and a sword, you may re-roll any failed parries once.  A model armed with two swords can still only roll once."

This restriction may be why the Pit Fighter's spiked gauntlet counts as a buckler (and an additional hand weapon) rather than simply counting as an additional hand weapon with the parry ability.

3 hours ago, Koyote said:

Page 20-21 of the Mordheim rulebook answers this question. 

"If your model is armed with a buckler and a sword, you may re-roll any failed parries once.  A model armed with two swords can still only roll once."

This restriction may be why the Pit Fighter's spiked gauntlet counts as a buckler (and an additional hand weapon) rather than simply counting as an additional hand weapon with the parry ability.

Cool thanks. I knew there was something about it. I just couldn't remember what or where.

2 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

Man sometimes parents suck! So I've been excited about this, setup with the wife time set aside... and now my parents divorce is eating up my time. I'm gonna have to declare this a non starter for me. October 9th has stuff that will keep me from the shop as does Nov 13th. Uhg not being in charge. 

You sir are down, but not (necessarily) out.  Showing up for Campaign Nights is not a requirement.  This campaign's schedule is designed to provide its player with quite a bit of flexibility.  It's two games per month for four months.  Since Dark Tower closes at 10 pm on Tuesdays, very few players will have enough time to play both of their games for the month on Campaign Night.  As such, most, if not all of the participants will be looking for games at other times during the month. 

If you can find time in our schedule for two games per month you can participate in the campaign. 

BTW, love your gobbos.  1534797201.7229-smiley.gif

• Thanks 1

A couple of pit fighter specific questions: 

1) would a pursuer equipped with trident and buckler benefit from either the +1 armor save house rule for this campaign or the re-rollable parry from having 2 different parry sources?

2) what critical hit table should I roll on for spiked gauntlets, blade or bludgeon? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.