Warriors of The Dark Gods for OFCC

@Fixxer has been kind enough to loan me some Warriors to play at OFCC, because I think I would go nuts if I played Ogres for a 6th year in a row, and there's no way I'm going to get the Infernal Dwarves painted in time. So here's what I'm planning on bringing... 37 models of Dark God Goodness (Badness? Darkness?):

Exalted Herald (General)

Sorcerer
-Adept
-Essence of a Free Mind (Alchemy / Evocation)
-Plate Armor

20 Warriors
-Full Command
-Icon of the Infinite
-Great Weapons
-Mark of Pride

10 Warhounds (core)

4 Chosen Knight
-Musician / Standard
-Stalker's Standard
-Halberds
-Mark of Wrath

3 Chosen Knights
-Musician
-Halberds
-Mark of Wrath

3 Chosen Knights
-Musician
-Halberds
-Mark of Wrath

3 Feldraks
-Musican / Standard
-Paired Weapons

Warrior Chariot

Warrior Chariot

How about some WIP pics? Wouldn't be an OFCC unless I'm scrambling to paint something. 3 Feldraks. Chosen Knights coming soon!
rx0w9LY.jpg?1

ZUU3SDp.jpg?1

y0JWRiY.jpg?1

KR21wHv.jpg?1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fixxer said:

Are chosen knights mounted on 50x75mm? Or standard 25x50mm?

Nasty looking list. Damn. 

50x75mm, 9th Age equivalent of monstrous Cav. People seem to run them in bigger blocks (4-5 strong), so I don't know how "nasty" they will be in groups of 3, but those are the only size movement trays I have, lol. Love how Chosen Knights have a lots of choices, all of them valid. Greed, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Lust... all seem strong.

I think Exalted Herald is good... but 840 points for a T5 5W model with 4+ 4++... going to have to play it carefully. 

Overall opinion seems to be that WotDG is fairly underpowered, but I think it looks like a lot of fun and lots of ways to play them. Chosen Knights are very common, but I do see lots of lists going with blocks of Chosen... Forsaken Ones, Hellmaw... a list that won 2nd at Buckeye Battles took Giants! Very cool and interesting book, IMO.

Nice!

Looking at the FB release for WoDG has me excited for when they eventually do the FB releases for the rest of the armies.

Wrath on all the knights, that's a real face punch list!

Does the Herald actually choose spells outside of the Manifestation choices? Essence of a free mind might not do you any good in that case.

12 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Nice!

Looking at the FB release for WoDG has me excited for when they eventually do the FB releases for the rest of the armies.

Wrath on all the knights, that's a real face punch list!

Does the Herald actually choose spells outside of the Manifestation choices? Essence of a free mind might not do you any good in that case.

Essence is on the Sorcerer 🙂

Wrath seems really good to me on the Knights! People seem to prefer Pride for Cold Blooded or Sloth for T5, but hitting on 2s at AGI... 7 on the charge? seems super solid.