WHOA, that happened at OFCC

Dark Trainer

So I figured I'd start a thread about those awesomeshenanigan, memorable, or wild moments. Doesn't have to be about the game either (could just be a funny social situation, etc). Keep it positive, no griping or grumbling.

My shenanigan: my game two was an EXCELLENT game against a great opponent. My shenanigan was being tabled turn 4, but placed all 6 of my objective markers too far away from him to get to using veil of darkness to teleport across the board to a corner in his deployment, we let the game run to turn 6 to see if he could make it, game ended before turn 7 and I won, even though I was tabled turn 4. The best part was both of us tried to advocate the other should win (Bryan helped settle rule as per the sheet). We laughed, and had a great time.

Tell us your stories! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Game 4: Defiler charges my carnifex. I have to roll 3 saves of the 5 wounds for him to live. I roll 2 saves and have to burn a cp to try and live. I roll my save and keep the fex alive! This ties up his defiler from running amuck in my firing base changing the game into my favor. Litterally 1 dice roll changed the whole game. It was crazy.

Game 3: hot genestealer on khorne bloodletters action. After killing 25 of the 30 bloodletters Mike rolled a 1 on moral bringing back 6. Next round, 10 more bloodletters die, and again a 1 was rolled for moral bringing back 5 more bloodletters. All of this action mid field held the line and allowed the Hgants to sneak away with the objective.

Game 1: my opponent holds 2 grots. One stays captured and the other runs away into my genestealers. I deepstrike some dudes and capture all 3 grots. It's looking like a solid 6 points for me... 1 grot runs away, even after a cp reroll, into his army giving him the 2 points for capturing a grot that I once captured. We tie the game 3 to 3. It was an awesome opening to the OFCC.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, paxmiles said:

Honest opponent? Or did you just get a chance to read their rules closer?

Honest opponent, but

game 1: they died because they couldn't get out of transport

game 2: took no damage

game 3: dual 3d6 death flamer tau riptide removed them. 1 or 2 didn't matter.

game 4: took a wound went to remove a model and he was like you have 2 wounds

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skkipper said:

Honest opponent, but

game 1: they died because they couldn't get out of transport

game 2: took no damage

game 3: dual 3d6 death flamer tau riptide removed them. 1 or 2 didn't matter.

game 4: took a wound went to remove a model and he was like you have 2 wounds

I love honest opponents. Nice when they know your rules better than you, and they don't keep quite about it when it's in your advantage. Good to hear of that in the OFCC. 

Who was this honest player? So we can praise them.

5 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I love honest opponents. Nice when they know your rules better than you, and they don't keep quite about it when it's in your advantage. Good to hear of that in the OFCC. 

Who was this honest player? So we can praise them.

Names are hard. It was the eldar player that had every aspect warrior squad and 2 fire prisms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My characters finally learned how to do things besides provide team buffs. Overlord and the Lord teamed up to finish off a Custode in close combat Game 2, and Game 4 the same duo put a combined four wounds on Lucius the Eternal, again in melee. Special shoutout goes to the Cloaktek, who broke my streak of "Cryptek shooting is trash" and managed to finish off Lucius Game 4 and enabled the Destroyers to finish off a Broodlord in Game 5. Finally, to my confusion and amazement, the Triarch Stalker somehow managed to survive all five games despite being a Big Scary Death Spider.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craeat said:

failed 95% of my 9 inch charges all 3 days even with a black templar re-roll.

My Khorne Daemons had the same problem. I eventually decided that 9" charges are a fools game and shelved my daemons.

My first game of doubles my Mortarion got shot off the table by the first shot of a knight Castellan, when I failed all four of my invulnerable saves.  I drank more and laughed.

My first game the next day my Telemon Dreadnought did the exact same thing except he exploded spectacularly in the middle of my lines. Sometimes things go so wrong so fast you just have to laugh at your luck and make the game as silly as you can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Skkipper said:

8- 9" charges from deepstrikers during the event. they all failed

game 4 I learned my terminators have 2 wounds.

Skkipper: leans over toward my table "All I want is nine inches"

Me: "doesn't every man".

Skkipper: rolls dice, leans over again "reality hit its only 5 inches"

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Rolled snakeyes to hit with twin las Cannon, refilled them (re roll misses) got box cars.  Then to wound I rolled 1s again, LT was near by so re rolled and got 6’s again.

the amazing part is the next round the exact same thing played out the exact same way.  I’m not one to calculate odds but that had to be up there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Nathanvoodoo said:

My first game of doubles my Mortarion got shot off the table by the first shot of a knight Castellan, when I failed all four of my invulnerable saves.  I drank more and laughed.

My first game the next day my Telemon Dreadnought did the exact same thing except he exploded spectacularly in the middle of my lines. Sometimes things go so wrong so fast you just have to laugh at your luck and make the game as silly as you can.

You need a rape whistle good sir

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Rolled snakeyes to hit with las Cannon, refilled them (re roll misses) got box cars.  Then to wound I rolled 1s again, LT was near by so re rolled and got 6’s again.

the amazing part is the next round the exact same thing played out the exact same way.  I’m not one to calculate odds but that had to be up there.

It's just 1 in 36 to the fourth, right? So 1 in 1,679,616. Happens every day. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1