RCR2019

thediceabide

That's right, the Rose City Raid is set to happen once more! The details are still being worked out, but at the moment it appears that it will be held at the same venue, the Lucky Labrador Beer Hall, in NE Portland, on June 22-23rd, 2019!

What to Expect

This year our theme is "Infinity on Hard Mode" so put on your big boy pants and get ready for an incredibly fun and challenging line up of scenarios. It's not just the scenarios that will put you to the test, every single table will have some form of special terrain rules in place, so familiarize yourself with woods, water, mountains, and even ZERO-G! Tables will range from a few pieces of unique terrain (such as nimbus zone generators), to the dreaded Obelisk Island table, much of which is either aquatic or jungle terrain, and everything in between. Koni at Corvus Belli is excited to see a tournament specifically designed to be a challenge, so lets not disappoint them!

Last year our prize table was quite flush, and this year I'm looking to top it! To generate more funds to purchase additional prizes, I've commissioned Obadiah himself to sculpt a limited edition DRUNK YUAN YUAN miniature, with the blessing of Corvus Belli. Every player who attends will receive one, and additional minis will be available to purchase. 100% of the proceeds of the Drunk Yuan Yuan miniature sales will go back into prize support for the tournament.

Are you up for the challenge?

Updates will be posted here, as well as on Infinity The PDX, and personally, I can't wait to see Obi's work on the Drunk Yuan Yuan.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Here's a sample image for one of the game tables. To help people get an idea what to expect, I'll be writing some articles with sample tables and strategies for playing on them. Every table will end up with note cards for each of the special terrain elements so that people have quick and easy reference for which rules to apply.

• Thanks 2

Hey @DustGod!

Personally, I’ll be providing 4 tables, with many more coming from people in the community. @Raindog is working on a table too I’ve heard!

First round pairing happens randomly, though I may allow first round challenges next year, for people who want to make sure they get a game in against a specific person. After that it’s done based on score. Table assignments are similarly random at first, but then players with the highest score gravitate towards table 1. Each round all players will be playing the same mission, on whichever table they’re assigned to.

Speaking of hard work, Obi has started to post sniper shots of the exclusive Drunk Yuan Yuan miniature which all attendees will receive!

• Thanks 1