Captain America 3 VS Superman vs Batman

andozane

Captain America 3 vs Superman/Batman  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie do you put your cash down on?

• Captain America 3 - AMERICA F*CK YEAH
    • Superman VS Batman - THIS WILL BE EPIC
    • I'M RICH BEOTCH! I GO SEE BOTH OPENING WEEKEND!

Could be. :)  Agents of Shield lost my attention the moment the commercial showed Coulson was back.  

I tried watching Firefly.  I got horribly bored.  Maybe I just require more out of TV shows.  Probably the reason I don't really watch TV.

And again, I thought Winter Soldier was easily the best movie out of the wave 2 of Marvel, I just still thought it was horribly predictable, and had sloppy writing in parts.  

And Marvel/DC comics lost your attention every time they brought back a dead character? If so, you probably missed the last 30-50 years of comics, so we may need to catch you up.

What're you looking for out of your TV/movies? A quick beej? Shakespeare?

Yes, of course TV/Movies are predictable and have sloppier writing than actual books. No big surprise there. Enjoy them for what they are.

I don't expect Shakespeare movies that give me blowjowskis every time I see it... I do however require a bit past sloppy nonsense and gratuity for gratuity's sake.

And yes I do read comics to this day. Quite a few. Joss Whedon is a sycophantic fan boy that doesn't do a lot for anything he is attached to or writes.

Yes avengers sucked. MoS sucked too. There hasn't been a decent comic movie in years.(iron.man was close to good but still blows in the third act)

• Like 1

Burton's Batman.

A visual feast, kept the Gotham dark with keeping some of the ludicrously over the top Batman flavors.

Original Superman.

a classic, It's not dark in any way. It holds up excellent for what it is and still evokes a sense of wonder.

Iron Man (skipping the third act)

Great everything up until the point you can see the script rewrite in the third act to extend the movie into a franchise. Bad form.

Punisher: war zone: Barely considered on many lists, but this movie really captures what long term punisher readers want... A morally conflicted punisher that is just "done" with it all but can't stop ever.

X1: GREAT casting. Decent story. Really gave us xmen on the screen. Tarnished by sequels and scene chewing.

All were above decent.

Punisher: war zone: Barely considered on many lists, but this movie really captures what long term punisher readers want... A morally conflicted punisher that is just "done" with it all but can't stop ever.

I thought they did this one very well too. Much better than the previous two punisher films. I had annoyances with it, like all the thematic gangs just willing to ally up for some quick cash, but I enjoyed it. This one really seemed to fit the punisher's MO.

Reminded me of that old Dick Tracy movie, at least with the villians.

I did enjoy that Sin City movie, though I admit that I've never read the books so I remain ignorant to it's ability to follow the material. I did also enjoy The Spirit.

On topic, 300 was a comic turned into a movie....

My fav comic book movies so far:

Batman Begins

X-Men: First Class

The Amazing Spiderman

Batman: The Dark Knight

Iron Man

I think Iron Man 3 was much better than it gets credit for. The Amazing Spiderman (reboot) was waaaay better than the prior three. First Class was great, but I'm pretty fond of Michael Fassbender...I might be biased.

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed First Class.  I felt it was an awesome recovery from the atrocity of THEFILMTHATSHANTBENAMED.  I'm really looking forward to Days of Future Past and Apocalypse.  Really hoping they get the Four Horsemen going in the later.  Perhaps Essex will have a cameo in DoFP.  I loved Bacon as Shaw, too.  

Amazing Spiderman I felt was kinda meh.  I mean it was better than SM3, I'll give it that, but with everything the studios were doing to Raimi and pushing on him, it's not a surprise it flopped the way it did.