Fouling change?

kb10r

I Just had a very interesting events in my inter-divisional game against Ziggens Dwarves.

Was there a Fouling update?

In the LRB ( page 23 ) fouling "No player from either side may assist a foul if they are in the tackle zone of an opposing player, do not have their tackle zones, or are not standing."

In the new rule book this section doesn't appear. So assists aren't cancelled by opponent tackle zones? Can someone tell me if this has been updated in the various magazines. It really adds extra bonuses to the Armor break. We played that ALL opposing models added +1 to the armor break even if they were in a tackle zone. It's kinda a cool boost to fouling.

OMG - here is a second thing I was wrong about:

Failing a roll with a modified 1.

So, I see 4 times that a skill check is modified to test for success; Dodging, Throwing, Catching, Intercepting.

Throwing the Ball:

"Fumbles Sometimes a player attempting to throw the ball will drop it in their own square. This is more likely if the player has any opposing players breathing down his neck! To represent this, if the D6 roll for a pass is 1 or less before or after modification, then the thrower has fumbled and dropped the ball. The ball will bounce once from the thrower’s square, and the moving team will suffer a turnover and their turn ends immediately."

But for Dodging, Catching and Interceptions, only a 1 BEFORE modification is a guaranteed fail. This only comes into play if the Players Agility is 6+. So, an AG 6 catcher in 2 tackle zones, tries to catch an accurate pass, he needs a 1+ ( surprise! I actually thought it topped out at 2+ ) because he has AG6, he adds 1 to the die roll because of the accurate pass, and then subtracts 2 from the roll because of 2 tackle zones, for a net die modifier of -1. He rolls a 2, which is reduced to a 1, and it is still a success!

I thought a MODIFIED 1 was always a failure, but that is only true for passing which results in a fumble! wow.

Who can use this... very few models, Ram Tut the 3rd, breaking tackle with his S6, A Deathroller(!) with its break tackle S7, and a treeman who gains break tackle. ( I guess a Big Guy could get Strength +1 and also gain break tackle...) 

Guess who has a Deathroller in the game I just had... He could have dodged into 3 tackle zones and succeeded on a 3+, I was sure it would have been a 4+.

10 hours ago, kb10r said:

OMG - here is a second thing I was wrong about:

Failing a roll with a modified 1.

So, I see 4 times that a skill check is modified to test for success; Dodging, Throwing, Catching, Intercepting.

Throwing the Ball:

"Fumbles Sometimes a player attempting to throw the ball will drop it in their own square. This is more likely if the player has any opposing players breathing down his neck! To represent this, if the D6 roll for a pass is 1 or less before or after modification, then the thrower has fumbled and dropped the ball. The ball will bounce once from the thrower’s square, and the moving team will suffer a turnover and their turn ends immediately."

But for Dodging, Catching and Interceptions, only a 1 BEFORE modification is a guaranteed fail. This only comes into play if the Players Agility is 6+. So, an AG 6 catcher in 2 tackle zones, tries to catch an accurate pass, he needs a 1+ ( surprise! I actually thought it topped out at 2+ ) because he has AG6, he adds 1 to the die roll because of the accurate pass, and then subtracts 2 from the roll because of 2 tackle zones, for a net die modifier of -1. He rolls a 2, which is reduced to a 1, and it is still a success!

I thought a MODIFIED 1 was always a failure, but that is only true for passing which results in a fumble! wow.

Who can use this... very few models, Ram Tut the 3rd, breaking tackle with his S6, A Deathroller(!) with its break tackle S7, and a treeman who gains break tackle. ( I guess a Big Guy could get Strength +1 and also gain break tackle...) 

Guess who has a Deathroller in the game I just had... He could have dodged into 3 tackle zones and succeeded on a 3+, I was sure it would have been a 4+.

Page 4 of the rules,  "a roll of 1 before modifications always fails......"  its under movement and tacklezones.

so nothing has changed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kb10r said:

I Just had a very interesting events in my inter-divisional game against Ziggens Dwarves.

Was there a Fouling update?

In the LRB ( page 23 ) fouling "No player from either side may assist a foul if they are in the tackle zone of an opposing player, do not have their tackle zones, or are not standing."

In the new rule book this section doesn't appear. So assists aren't cancelled by opponent tackle zones? Can someone tell me if this has been updated in the various magazines. It really adds extra bonuses to the Armor break. We played that ALL opposing models added +1 to the armor break even if they were in a tackle zone. It's kinda a cool boost to fouling.

read the next paragraph, 2nd to last sentence.  

"No player from either side  may assist a foul fi they are in the tackle zone of an opposing player"

So nothing has changed

• Thanks 1