My New Armageddon Pattern Basilisk

fingolfen

Hey all - I'm actually finally getting around to working on a Death Korps of Krieg army, and one of my support vehicles is an Armageddon Pattern Basilisk.  I've been posting the progress down in the Artificiers Forge board, but I'd figured I'd post the "finished for now" photos here as well. I will likely go back and add some additional weathering when a few more vehicles are completed so I can keep the weathering consistent, but it's ready for the table!

Full photo-set at the link below, but I've attached a few good high-resolution photos to this post to give you an idea of the final product!

https://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2018/11/armageddon-pattern-basilisk-done.html

APB%2B-%2Btop%2B-%2Bfront.jpg

APB%2B-%2Brear%2B-%2Binterior%2B-%2Bopen%2B-%2Balt.jpg

APB%2B-%2Brear%2B-%2Bopen.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, fluger said:

So nice, and so much more sensible than the giant shield it normally comes with.

Such things existed in the real world; the Imperial Guard’s Basilisk is pretty much a mashup of various WWII artillery (like the German’s 88mm PAK 43 Waffenträger, see below) mounted inside a Cold War era IFV. 

220px-Waffentrager_8.8cm_PaK_43.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fluger said:

Look at how high the shield is on the basilisk though...  What is it shielding?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2hbgTcMuVBivfIS8IHaL

I thought it was supposed to shield the exposed crew from small arms fire and shrapnel via the front facing. With a max range of 240" in a battlefield where 48" is long range, the bassy isn't really supposed to see combat, just the occasional stray shot or inaccurate bombardment.