Necromunda Consensus?

fluger

On 2/5/2019 at 6:37 PM, VonVilkee said:

Omg! Next Tuesday want me to run ya a demo? I have cawdor built and somewhat ready! No paint but some conversion work as is my style!

@Koyote

The newest member of my family arrived January 21st.  Mother and baby are doing great.  So, once things get a bit more settled in my household, I will take you up on your offer. 

In the meantime, I would like hear (read) your take on the game.

Thanks.

• Like 2

What I've said in the beginning of this thread continues to apply... I have not gotten enough reps in with the compilation books to find much in the way of changes. If you are nitpicking you can continue to find gw type issues but overall I love it so much! More focus on fighters and equipment than the building of individual fighters through experience but everything starts more lethal so quicker to get into mid campaign levels of previous systems (necromunda or mordhiem) so feels solid to play never way behind nor really ahead so far...

• Like 1

Overall, the stats of Cawdor fighters are slightly worse than those of other houses, but in exchange they are less expensive.  Similarly, some of their equipment is inferior,  but again,  this appears to be balanced out by a decrease in price.  Taken together, this led me to believe that Cawdor gangs are supposed to make up for what they lack in stats and equipment with gang size, so my first shot at a Cawdor list included 12 models.  However, this notion got thrown out the window when I got a look at the scenarios in the Necromunda Rulebook, where many, if not most, restrict the gang size to a randomly generated number between 4 and either 7, 8, or 9. 

If Cawdor are required by scenario to field roughly the same number of fighters as their opponents, and on average, field slightly inferior fighters with worse equipment, what's their angle?

Is the intention to use the discounted prices to buy extra weapons and equipment for their fighters?

Is it their access to weapons with the Blaze trait?

Do they have above average Tactic cards?

Or do stat & skill advances plus increased access to a wider variety of weapons and wargear naturally even out the gangs after a few games?

They are just hard mode... bomb rats have a really cool niche, prepped bombs. They can also cut off parts of the field from los with smoke and use multi activation to out number at point of contact. Easy access 5" template, Blunderbuss pole arms are awesome too. Basically they have crazy awesome gear. Cheap fighters allows for better gear. 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:42 PM, fluger said:

Have y'all found the new Necromunda to be balanced?

Are the factions diverse enough?

I have a vision of building up a great hive as a summer project but I'm not going to start if the game is flawed.

It would be very easy to turn a bunch of these models into a the starts of a 40k army, should it turn out that you just don't like the game. And the necromunda models aren't really any more expensive than 40k models. Seems like a good summer project that won't be a waste even if you decide that you don't like necromunda.