Guardian Cup Warhammer 40k 2 day ITC RTT/GT Feb 16-17, 2019

peter.cosgrove

Alrighty.

Flyers have been posted

Facebook entries have been made at Ordo Fanaticus, Guardian Games, and NW Wargamers.

Tournament is posted at DakkaDakka

Event Parking is coordinated 

Prize Package plan is complete.

Refined Paint/Sportsmanship to bring equalization.

Tasks left to do.

Player Packets

Post Event Parking

Post Prize Package Details

Improve and refine.

Develop occupation and registration flow plan, current coordination includes a 0900 hit time on Sat for set-up, an hour to complete set-up means crunch time before the 1000 doors open. need to backwards plan manpower requirements and tasking.

Develop terrain quality plan, current intent is to requisition additional terrain from OF supply

Finalize and post on-site payment plan

Develop meal plan, current intent is for a Sat Pizza Party, and Sun Donuts.

Develop Paint Judge plan, current intent is to adopt a pre-existing SOP and bring in an experienced paint judge to conduct the paint judging.

Please, if you have suggestions to improve let me know, sooner is always better, this is still new boots for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like, according to GW, the pre-orders are going to drop on or around Feb 8, and the codex will drop actual on or around Feb 16. As long as the GW product codex and datasheets are readily available and viewable on-site, either electronically or hardcopy, and the models are WYSIWYG with 3 paints and basing then yes. I don't see any reason to not allow them.

Edited by peter.cosgrove

We currently have 17 players registered for Guardian Cup 2019 through Best Coast Pairings at the following web page:

https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/eventlanding/eqe2cppp?embed=false

I am tracking 10 players who have conducted a pre-pay transaction

The pre-pay tickets through the OF Store as well as conducting ticket sales onsite during the event is my personal responsibility. I will be bringing pre-pay player packets including receipts to the event and be responsible to the Ordo Fanaticus fiduciary for accounting of the pre-pay funds.

Registration on the Best Coast Pairings event page before the event is the player responsibility, and I will have available a device or devices at the registration table for players to conduct registration at the event in the event that a player is unable to register prior to the event. 

If you have questions or concerns contact me via email/pm or txt/vox 503-957-7906

Peter Cosgrove
Tournament Organizer
Guardian Cup 2019

Edited by peter.cosgrove

The ruleset for Adeptus Custodes play will include the following official update 1.0:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/warhammer_40000_adeptus_custodes_en.pdf

As the beta rules in question here:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Forgeworld_Custodes_Datasheets-1.pdf

As well as the Bolter Discipline Beta here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/21/21st-jan-introducing-better-beta-boltersgw-homepage-post-4/

are not included and do not contain the term Official Update they will not be in play for this event.

• Like 2

I have reconducted a review of the following:

The requirement to upload army lists is not feasible for Guardian Cup 2019. There will be WiFi available, however I will only have 1 device available for players to register if they have not registered and those players will have priority.

Games will be standard games with 2:30 minute rounds and a 30 minute TO Discretion/break between each game

There will be some Enclosed Ruins on the tables so review the Enclosed Ruins rules below.

There will be pizza available on Sat during the lunch break, I have ordered pepperoni and Hawaiian, as well as some donuts on Sun.

ITC Code of Conduct:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RFhFICnwr15wK0pdUcUnp0uNRn_-jUdtZvHKPTTR4Yo/edit

ITC Terrain Guidelines:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l6E-871Ob11iY2blqkxrJJzP8wLoKARaP5KfzlG9S9M/edit

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, peter.cosgrove said:

The rule set in question is contained here:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/warhammer_40000_the_big_faq_2_en-2.pdf

and is on the official Errata web page and will therefore be in play.

So, official product doesn't matter even if labeled as a Beta rule. It has to only be in official errata labeled as a beta rule. Ok. Makes the game easier for me. 

• Poop 1

Peter why are you not running the beta rules at this time? They've been available for some time and all local gaming groups have been playing with them for months so they're far from unfamiliar.  

Also the absence of communication about this ruleset outside of this exclusive forum means you'll be seeing many players ready to use tactics related to beta rules. 

1 hour ago, ironfrontalex said:

Peter why are you not running the beta rules at this time? They've been available for some time and all local gaming groups have been playing with them for months so they're far from unfamiliar.  

Also the absence of communication about this ruleset outside of this exclusive forum means you'll be seeing many players ready to use tactics related to beta rules. 

The only ones @peter.cosgrove is not using is Bolter Drill and the new Custodes Beta rules. 

Those were also not available for LVO due to being released after January 8th but my opinion is if the new Genestealer Cult is allowed then the new beta rules should be available since they are official rules. My opinion matters for little, I am not setting this up though. I just want an even playing field since other tournaments I will go to or events will use these 

• Like 1

Aye, thats 6 weeks since the release of those beta rules. But this is Peter's event, he can do whatever he chooses.

4 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

The only ones @peter.cosgrove is not using is Bolter Drill and the new Custodes Beta rules. 

Those were also not available for LVO due to being released after January 8th but my opinion is if the new Genestealer Cult is allowed then the new beta rules should be available since they are official rules. My opinion matters for little, I am not setting this up though. I just want an even playing field since other tournaments I will go to or events will use these 

I am more objectively concerned with the GW webpage statement:

Specifically:

"Looking for the latest updates to your codex or battletome? Got a question about how something in your army works? Each of these FAQs contains all of the most up-to-date errata and answers you’ll need to make sure that your games run as smoothly as possible, incorporating feedback from you guys and gals out there in the Warhammer community, the playtesters and of course, our studio design team."

Since neither the Bolter Discipline nor the Adeptus Custodes proposed rulesets are contained on this page I am uncomfortable including them. I apologize if this causes confusion or consternation.

11 minutes ago, peter.cosgrove said:

I am more objectively concerned with the GW webpage statement:

Specifically:

"Looking for the latest updates to your codex or battletome? Got a question about how something in your army works? Each of these FAQs contains all of the most up-to-date errata and answers you’ll need to make sure that your games run as smoothly as possible, incorporating feedback from you guys and gals out there in the Warhammer community, the playtesters and of course, our studio design team."

Since neither the Bolter Discipline nor the Adeptus Custodes proposed rulesets are contained on this page I am uncomfortable including them. I apologize if this causes confusion or consternation.

Would that include sisters of battle as they are a beta codex with no faq or errata? I ask because it's an official product with  rules but don't fall under your guidelines so to avoid issues it's best to ask

• Like 1