CA 2018 Custom Characters

Ish

3 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

So, yeah, I think the ork is broken at PL 4.

I think if we do use PL in the escalation league and use these rules, seems like +1 PL per special ability added would be reasonable.

I wouldn't be against this. Maybe 1 pl per 2 though so it doesn't get silly since 2 abilities is not all ground grating (unless you are taking Hard to Kill or Stealth Assault... Dem just evil) 

9 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Sounds fair.

Though there are probably certain traits that are just entirely broken when matched with certain builds.

... Heh... Heh... Stealth Assault let's you charge and NOT be overwatched... So a Deffkilla Wartrike can be Evil Sunz for a 15" base move, get Fleet to make it 17", get 6" advance and still charge with Ramming Speed for 3d6+1" Charge no overwatch. That's +1 PL

You can also increase the Toughness to T7, give it Hard to Kill which ignores all wound rolls of 1, 2, or 3 regardless of strength and that's a Hero. 

Give him a Cybork body and he gets a 5+ FNP

11 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

... Heh... Heh... Stealth Assault let's you charge and NOT be overwatched... So a Deffkilla Wartrike can be Evil Sunz for a 15" base move, get Fleet to make it 17", get 6" advance and still charge with Ramming Speed for 3d6+1" Charge no overwatch. That's +1 PL

You can also increase the Toughness to T7, give it Hard to Kill which ignores all wound rolls of 1, 2, or 3 regardless of strength and that's a Hero. 

Give him a Cybork body and he gets a 5+ FNP

Does his 3d6+1" charge ignore the rule that the target must be within 12" to declare a charge against them? If no, then it's just a very accurate regular charge...

8 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

More you talk about it, +1 PL per special ability seems like a reasonable precaution.

For some abilities yes. Even so, I will GLADLY give up 2 PL to get the ability to charge in with no overwatch thus tying up your important unit then getting in later charges that now can't be shot either. 

A Knight would just LOVE that happening to it

16 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

For some abilities yes. Even so, I will GLADLY give up 2 PL to get the ability to charge in with no overwatch thus tying up your important unit then getting in later charges that now can't be shot either. 

I don't think the knights are eligible. I mean, they aren't chracters except due to special detachment rules. It isn't part of their unit entry.

Dunno, do the rules let you make non-characters into special characters?

Just now, paxmiles said:

I don't think the knights are eligible. I mean, they aren't chracters except due to special detachment rules. It isn't part of their unit entry.

Dunno, do the rules let you make non-characters into special characters?

I was being sarcastic that the knight would not enjoy being charged by such a unit. 

18 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

2 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I was being sarcastic that the knight would not enjoy being charged by such a unit. 

I thought you were talking about the knight becoming a special character that couldn't be overwatched against...

Though regarding knights, quite often the challenge is tricking them to come into melee range. Not for my TAU maybe, but those CSM and my tyranids want those knights in melee, long range is their strength. Plus they usually have no invulnerable save in melee.

11 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I thought you were talking about the knight becoming a special character that couldn't be overwatched against...

Though regarding knights, quite often the challenge is tricking them to come into melee range. Not for my TAU maybe, but those CSM and my tyranids want those knights in melee, long range is their strength. Plus they usually have no invulnerable save in melee.

Bah, orks get dem 'humie stompas in Krumpin range all dem timez. We just use ouz kunnin then we give them the brutal

• Like 1