SpaceORK's Orks... n' other armies.

SPaceORK

9 minutes ago, Ish said:

On the other hand, GW also decided that that Tau are capable of extremely rapid technological development and military innovation. So if the Tau decided that aerospace and battle suits weren't working anymore, they could justify the Tau creating something new fairly easily. 

Tau-Heavy-Walker-Alt.jpg

Pretty sure chapterhouse made that one, or something pretty close.

Most Federation* Mobile Suits and Gundams have pretty same-y looking arms: right trapezoid shoulder joint, rectangular upper arm, cylindrical elbow, parallelogram lower arm, fully articulated four-finder-and-thumb hand. The suits used by Zeon** tend to be more distinctly different from one suit to the next, they also tend to have more rounded shapes... and spikes. Gotta have spikes.

I think the real trick is going to be finding gunpla models that are the right scale. The more common 1:144 are probably too small and the 1:100 kits can be kinda pricey, since those are usually "perfect grade" kits that are very, very detailed. I found this picture for reference. It has a 1:144 scale RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex" and a MS-07B Gouf standing in the front, with a trio of 1:100 GM suits of various kinds that I can't quite identify in the back. There's an Impedial Knight, a Dreadknight, and a Chaos Dreadnought in the middle for scale. (And a 15 mm scale Leviathan from Dreamforge Games too).

658328_sm-.JPG

* Or whatever the "good guys" in a given series are called.
** Or whatever the "bad guys" in a given series are called.

Played some more games this week. Second game against a "new" opponent. He played guard with the main thing being earthshaker cannons.

Now they are immobile and according to this gentleman because of that my units did not count as being locked in combat if I was within 1" nor did it prevent him from shooting with them.

First game was with orks and I didn't care during the game but it didn't sound right. Second game I shoved 9 bullgryns down his throat and did some shifty movements to pull 2 cannons into 1". Now I was thinking since they are immobile I can now spend the rest of the game slamming through cannons and crew. He says "no, I can shoot and your not locked"

Ok... no that's not right. I'm 99.99% sure that's not the way that unit functions. Unless its hidden in a FAQ somewhere I think hes getting the immobile and immobile (fortifications) rule mixed together. Am I missing something?

eb2u1KJ.jpg

Warboss on bike. 2 down, 427 to go...

• Like 1

@SPaceORK I have found no where whrre it states an immobile unit can shoot even when in combat. I would ask to see the source

Edit: I combed through the FW and GW Astra erratas. Checking the big faq's now

Edit 2; combed through all Imperium faq's for keywords immobile and earthshaker and got nothing. Even the chapter approved and big faq's. The Core rules errata is mia/won't load for me

• Like 2

Was it the Earthshaker Battery or the Basilisk? Same gun, big difference in the rules!

The Battery cannot fight in the Fight phase, is automatically hit by enemies in the Fight phase, it can shoot at models within 1” of itself (somehow), and friendly models can shoot at enemies within 1” of it.

1500193064682.jpg

1 hour ago, Lyraeus said:

@SPaceORK I have found no where whrre it states an immobile unit can shoot even when in combat. I would ask to see the source

Edit: I combed through the FW and GW Astra erratas. Checking the big faq's now

Edit 2; combed through all Imperium faq's for keywords immobile and earthshaker and got nothing. Even the chapter approved and big faq's. The Core rules errata is mia/won't load for me

Pretty sure the item would need a special rule. Like the Necron Pylon is immobile, and HUGE, and states it can shoot even if engaged in combat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ish said:

Was it the Earthshaker Battery or the Basilisk? Same gun, big difference in the rules!

The Battery cannot fight in the Fight phase, is automatically hit by enemies in the Fight phase, it can shoot at models within 1” of itself (somehow), and friendly models can shoot at enemies within 1” of it.

1500193064682.jpg

Where is that from? The basic one I thought was the carriage version 

Forge World’s Imperial Armour - Index: Forces of the Astra Militarum.

There are three Imperial Guard units that use the Earthshaker gun: the Basilisk found in the codex, the Earthshaker Battery (above), and the Earthshaker Carriage Battery. The last two are both in Forge World’s Index.

Only the Earthshaker Battery has the Immobile rule. 

Oddly, the Basilisk is the cheapest option in terms of points and money. Go dig.

9 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Where is that from? The basic one I thought was the carriage version 

Probably the fw book, which I no longer have so I couldn't check.

Also probably shouldn't ask the competitive 40k fb page. They tend to go overboard on cheating accusations and then the thread gets locked.

29 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

Well despite my urge to make a trailer for a WaarghRigg I painted a tank instead.

RUqG4Xb.jpg

I might have a fully painted Ork army someday. Maybe by the time that tournament in February rolls around!

If not, I guess it easier to paint knights.

I put my Battlewagon somewhere.... Got to find that blighter... It's likely in a box somewhere. I am still working out how to flip that front down into a dozer style ram

Well my opponent wanted to play against Tau to "See what they could do and test my new eldar". Ok sir, I can do that.

Me:

Triple Riptide/Commanders with tons of firewarriors and 30 drones.

Him:

Some rangers, 20 guardians, bikes with lance's, 10 wraithguard, buch of farseers, Fugan, wave serpent, fireprism.

Now I didn't get my deployment but my first turn looked like this.

Zz9fR8s.jpg

And his deployment looked like this.

ZtL7KTq.jpg

He has 10 rangers in the building to the right. His wave serpent with 5 wraith guard and fire prism was in the corner to the left.

Now I took a bunch more pictures buuuut... He scooped turn 1.

The drones, riptides, xv109 and burst cannon commander moved up. Commander popped his feat, and I removed the bikes, guardians, wraithguard. The firewarriors killed most of his rangers. The cold star fusion commander ran up and pumped 3 shots into the fireprism, bringing it down to 2 wounds remaining.

I passed the turn, he looked at what he had remaining and said "Let's call it and go make a deal." 

So now I dont own a tau army and do own a chaos army. Again. For the 4th time.

Anywhoo here is a Ork with Waaagh! banner.

EDTUsa3.jpg

4 down. 539 to go...

• Sad 1