SpaceORK's Orks... n' other armies.

SPaceORK

2 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

I passed the turn, he looked at what he had remaining and said "Let's call it and go make a deal." 

So now I dont own a tau army and do own a chaos army. Again. For the 4th time.

So does that mean you sold your TAU? Just because they were successful...

4 hours ago, paxmiles said:

So does that mean you sold your TAU? Just because they were successful...

I mean kinda? I've never liked tau. Their looks, back story, models, everything. But I acquired a bunch in a trade. Not enough to make a decent 2k army but a decent amount and I added to them to make what I wanted. Well I played them and they kinda grew on me playwise.

However my intention had always been, fix them, add to them sell/trade them. So I crushed my play group a few times, started a bidding war and got a chaos army.

So now they are extremely happy, I'm kinda happy (I do love me some Magnus & Morty) and I came out way ahead on the deal (they knew they were getting the bad end of the deal but they still wanted it. I kinda didn't want chaos unless I was getting a good deal so... ehh).

4 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

I mean kinda? I've never liked tau. Their looks, back story, models, everything. But I acquired a bunch in a trade. Not enough to make a decent 2k army but a decent amount and I added to them to make what I wanted. Well I played them and they kinda grew on me playwise.

However my intention had always been, fix them, add to them sell/trade them. So I crushed my play group a few times, started a bidding war and got a chaos army.

So now they are extremely happy, I'm kinda happy (I do love me some Magnus & Morty) and I came out way ahead on the deal (they knew they were getting the bad end of the deal but they still wanted it. I kinda didn't want chaos unless I was getting a good deal so... ehh).

Interesting, Thanks.

Wow... I cant let this thread die! It's the only thing that's keeps the willingness to paint going. Mostly cause I feel ashamed after seeing so many batreps with fully painted armies...

Anywhoo, same eldar opponent, same eldar list against;

Nurgle!

Epididymis, DP, HoN

6x plague drones

2x 30 plaguebearers 

Every nurgling base in existence 

zRlXC2I.jpg

Now the nurglings did their sneaky shenanigans and basically tied up the entire eldar army. After which the came became pretty boring. The eldars could't kill enough things. The nurglings are... well, nurglings. So the majority of the game was sitting on objectives and the eldar player realizing he couldn't score enough points or really do anything. And while the forces of nurgle got points, they really couldn't do anything either.

So...

Yea! I realized paint 750 of the same model will drive you insane, so I switched it to painting knights!

lZKczrR.jpg

1 down, 5 to go... Man, that sound so much better than 33 down, 1000 to go.. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I like that knight. Really turned out. Simple, but it looks great.

Yea I could do more things but I'm far to lazy. Although... maybe some actual highlights on the metal. It looks a bit flat.

But keeping it simple does cut down the painting time. That guy was like 6 hours?

21 hours ago, WestRider said:

I like it! Same basic combo as I used for my Renegade Knights with the purple and gold, tho yours is kind of lacking in fleshy bits and chitin and ichor and such 😉

Well I've got a custom SM chapter (the Swamp Donk'ies) and I'm kinda painting everything Imperium purple and bright green. It all started with an idea to make voodoo marines with crocodiles, voodoo fetishes, that deep south eerie magic feel. Then the back story manifested itself further with a horrible run on DoW 3 for my buddy.

Now I paint everything purple & green.

dV5dllo.jpg

Painting knights is so easy! Even if they are only like 85% done they are still tabletop ready.

• Like 2

I almost did it! Unfortunately I dont think I can finish the 6th knight (stupid 2nd hand lancer). So my knight household is gonna be slightly smaller than expected.

NaBkQLc.jpg

This guy sucked though. No chainsword, no shoulder things, messed up paint. But he turned out ok.

m8hObgz.jpg

The whole family! Currently...

Probably gonna run 2 Gallants, helverin with catachans and vultures.  Vultures may be nice now with so much orks running around.

• Like 5

Well I may have "accidentally" bought 4 more knights...

Guess I'm going to have to actually play knights in some tournaments next month now that I have my third Gallant.

I really want to play orks but I'm not going skimp on the painting and that's just taking so long.

Well I guess this list will work (and I have over 1000 points painted already):

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [60 PL, 1056pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Exalted Court: Exalted Court: 2 Extra Warlord Traits (-3CP)

Household Choice: House Hawkshroud, Questor Imperialis

+ Lord of War +

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 352pts]: Character (Knight Lance), Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Ion Bulwark

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 352pts]: Character (Exalted Court), Heavy Stubber, Heirloom: Armour of the Sainted Ion, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Warlord Trait: Landstrider

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 352pts]: Character (Exalted Court), Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Warlord Trait (Hawkshroud): Duty of the Forsworn

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [32 PL, 456pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Catachan

+ HQ +

Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken [4 PL, 75pts]

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Display Astra Militarum Orders, Laspistol

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 40pts]: 9x Guardsman
. Sergeant: Laspistol

+ Elites +

Ministorum Priest [2 PL, 35pts]: Laspistol

Sergeant Harker [3 PL, 50pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 33pts]
. Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [33 PL, 480pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Tallarn

+ Flyer +

Vulture Gunship [11 PL, 160pts]
. Vulture Gunship: Heavy bolter, Twin Punisher Gatling Cannons

++ Total: [125 PL, 1992pts] ++

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPaceORK said:

Well I may have "accidentally" bought 4 more knights...

Guess I'm going to have to actually play knights in some tournaments next month now that I have my third Gallant.

I really want to play orks but I'm not going skimp on the painting and that's just taking so long.

Well I guess this list will work (and I have over 1000 points painted already):

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [60 PL, 1056pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Exalted Court: Exalted Court: 2 Extra Warlord Traits (-3CP)

Household Choice: House Hawkshroud, Questor Imperialis

+ Lord of War +

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 352pts]: Character (Knight Lance), Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Ion Bulwark

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 352pts]: Character (Exalted Court), Heavy Stubber, Heirloom: Armour of the Sainted Ion, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Warlord Trait: Landstrider

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 352pts]: Character (Exalted Court), Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Warlord Trait (Hawkshroud): Duty of the Forsworn

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [32 PL, 456pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Catachan

+ HQ +

Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken [4 PL, 75pts]

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Display Astra Militarum Orders, Laspistol

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Ministorum Priest [2 PL, 35pts]: Laspistol

Sergeant Harker [3 PL, 50pts]

+ Heavy Support +

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [33 PL, 480pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Tallarn

+ Flyer +

++ Total: [125 PL, 1992pts] ++

Those vultures scared me until I realized they kill maybe 7 orks in a KFF, 8-9 outside a KFF. 

Definitely a scary list but I think it's manageable 

1 hour ago, Lyraeus said:

Those vultures scared me until I realized they kill maybe 7 orks in a KFF, 8-9 outside a KFF. 

Definitely a scary list but I think it's manageable 

Umm... Tallarn Vultures, so no negatives for moving and firing heavy weapons, +1 to hit for staffing run.

43 shots, 28 hits, 18 wounds, 15 dead orks, 12 with KFF. So about 30-45 dead orks a turn.

Orks are the main reason I'm taking vultures. That and they are awesome!

21 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

Umm... Tallarn Vultures, so no negatives for moving and firing heavy weapons, +1 to hit for staffing run.

43 shots, 28 hits, 18 wounds, 15 dead orks, 12 with KFF. So about 30-45 dead orks a turn.

Orks are the main reason I'm taking vultures. That and they are awesome!

Missed the tallaran and forgot about strafing run. Teaches me to comment early in the morning. Hmmmmm

1 hour ago, SPaceORK said:

That makes me sad... 

Still have that sweet bs 3+ if you hover though.

I guess that means they just go back to being catachans. For no reason really I guess.

Oh yea! That's right. Bifpod actually talked about that! 

Please hover? I would love to charge you. 

You could do the strike in death catachans. They did real work in a charity hammer game. 

Charity Hammer Twitch Nick (orks) vs Mitch (IG)

6 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Oh yea! That's right. Bifpod actually talked about that! 

Please hover? I would love to charge you. 

You could do the strike in death catachans. They did real work in a charity hammer game. 

Charity Hammer Twitch Nick (orks) vs Mitch (IG)

I mean... they are kinda disposable. They only need to clear some screens, maybe do some screening themselves, then die in a fiery explosion. 

15 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

I mean... they are kinda disposable. They only need to clear some screens, maybe do some screening themselves, then die in a fiery explosion. 

That is shown in that video very well. 20 guard die and take 16 orks with a strike from death or something like thst... Vigilus detachments are good