I Like Tanks!

Ish

11 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Basically I have a bunch of purple marines that I play as Raven Guard/Ultramarines/Deathwatch/Blood Angel's depending on the day. Most of the time using multiple chapter tactics in the same list.

You need something to differentiate the different chapter tactics, both in my opinion and in the opinion of a lot of events.

5 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

It's how my orks are. Yellow is bad Moons, blue is Deathskulls, red is evil sunz 9 times out of 10

Exactly. This is how I would do it.

I think the minimum you'd want to do is different base colors or base rings or something. Just something to easily differentiate armies.

This is also why each of my armies has a different basing scheme (SW are grass, Sisters are ash and dirt. Guard are sand. Orks are broken road, etc)

1 hour ago, pretre said:

Exactly. This is how I would do it.

I think the minimum you'd want to do is different base colors or base rings or something. Just something to easily differentiate armies.

This is also why each of my armies has a different basing scheme (SW are grass, Sisters are ash and dirt. Guard are sand. Orks are broken road, etc)

Some people do differently because they don't want to buy more models and can change whenever. 

I be orks. I always need more Models

6 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

@Ish How opposed are you to Chinaforge models, cause a fell blade would super sexy all yellow (and cheap).

On that note, Ish, how opposed are you to converting up toys from goodwill? Cheaper than Chinaforge, and often looks pretty good.

I actually like the look of the the Vindicator and Predator tanks. I think both are about half again as tall as they should be, but that’s forgivable because the rest of the Imperium’s armored vehicles also look like WWI never ended.

The only vehicles in the Space Marine lineup that I truly loathe to look at are the Stormraven, Stormtalon, Thunderfire Cannon, and Repulsor.

The Stormraven is fixed easily enough by replacing its top turret with something more slim, ditching the top air intake fin thingy, and extending the fuselage. The Chapterhouse kit for it was great... But, I have no plans to ever buy one.

The Stormtalon is very easily fixed: Use a Dark Angels’ Nephilim Fighter with some weapon swaps.

The Thunderfire looks a thousand times better if you attach the front end (from the seat forward) of a Space Marine bike to it. Easy fix.

The Repulsor... I got no clue. I’m thinking of just getting one of the Colonial Marines’ APCs from Aliens and replacing the weapons with 40k guns. 

My mom really likes that Goodwill outlet store (Hillsboro). We go there sometimes. Depending on the army, some 40k models are really easy to make from happymeal toys and things fisherprice produced.

Other armies less so. I've found a lot of really good terrain pieces there too.

I will note that the bigger GW makes a model, the easier it is to find a dirt cheap conversion. I still prefer the Mr/Mrs Potato conversion to the actual Stompa model. Tanks in particular, the bigger they are, the cheaper they are to make out of other tanks found at goodwill.

image.png.832955e4b097d0288cad6c2a222e68e7.png

http://www.irondogstudios.com/images/tater/mek_tater.html

11 hours ago, WestRider said:

For a while.

11 hours ago, Ish said:

There was one! 

They turned Moons into Ork Death Stars, they had a Temple Gargant that dwarfed Imperator Titans to the point of having Gargant (Reaver warlord sized titans) as door guards for its inner Sanctum, destroyed a Imperial super weapon, and generally crushed Imperial forces (a Primarch was also included)

It seems Ork Kultur evolve to a point where needed orks like diplomats and such just appear (like orks do) based on the size of their empire. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

For Adeptus Titanicus, they are looking to go to that. 

If they make it a proper Epic: 40,000 style game with infantry, tanks, and all the rest and not just giant stompy robots, I may need to sell a kidney or two.

Pretty much the only thing keeping me from going in deep on Team Yankee is the fact that I work on the night it is regularly played around here and the scant hope that GW will bring back Epic. As the title of this thread states: "I like tanks!" and have always enjoyed 10 mm / 15 mm scale games for that reason... Giant stompy robots are cool, don't get me wrong, but Adeptus Titanicus just feels like an incomplete game to me. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ish said:

Pretty much the only thing keeping me from going in deep on Team Yankee is the fact that I work on the night it is regularly played around here and the scant hope that GW will bring back Epic. As the title of this thread states: "I like tanks!" and have always enjoyed 10 mm / 15 mm scale games for that reason... Giant stompy robots are cool, don't get me wrong, but Adeptus Titanicus just feels like an incomplete game to me. 

Have you played it?