Da Lost Boyz - 40k Escalation League Orks progress

Dark Trainer

"Not sure why dis humie is compainin. It's not cold...he's mad I took his winter coat. Came back hour laterz N he's an ice cube. Coat looks gud on me.

Me N the boyz here been sent on a salvage mission, and we figurez this new untouched planet be free pickings. Now just to deal with all the other scums."

--------------------------

I'm usually a HUGE Necron player. I've never played Orks, yet I've owned about 2k of them in various states for a few years. I figured this escalation league will actually get me painting some of them! So here they come. I've got 3 squads of 30 boyz, about 15 nobs, 6 deffkoptas, 6 warbikers, deffdredd, some big meks, warbosses, etc. I'm new to the HORDE approach of playing, we'll see how I do. Figured the low point levels would make finishing the games easier!

So far, I've painted 5 Grots...the feeling of the titanic sitting on top of my paint brush is definitely there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

"Not sure why dis humie is compainin. It's not cold...he's mad I took his winter coat. Came back hour laterz N he's an ice cube. Coat looks gud on me.

Me N the boyz here been sent on a salvage mission, and we figurez this new untouched planet be free pickings. Now just to deal with all the other scums."

--------------------------

I'm usually a HUGE Necron player. I've never played Orks, yet I've owned about 2k of them in various states for a few years. I figured this escalation league will actually get me painting some of them! So here they come. I've got 3 squads of 30 boyz, about 15 nobs, 6 deffkoptas, 6 warbikers, deffdredd, some big meks, warbosses, etc. I'm new to the HORDE approach of playing, we'll see how I do. Figured the low point levels would make finishing the games easier!

So far, I've painted 5 Grots...the feeling of the titanic sitting on top of my paint brush is definitely there.

Heh... You have more boyz than me but I have the armor. Though to be fair, I have turned about 20ish boys into various other types like. Kommandos and tankbustas 

I would love to talk strategy 

2 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I would love to talk strategy 

You're on, i'll be there tonight. For me, it's less about strategy and trying to make what I own work. OH, i so want to rename them the Cheap Skatez! We'll see if 90 boyz is worth it or not. I see vehicle heavy lists or mostrous creatures being a weakness. I lack anti-lots of wounds. Doubt i could take down a knight for example...reliably.

3 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

You're on. For me, it's less about strategy and trying to make what I own work. We'll see if 90 boyz is worth it or not. I see vehicle heavy lists or mostrous creatures being a weakness. I lack anti-lots of wounds. Doubt i could take down a knight for example...reliably.

Oh they are worth it. Don't forget their tankbusta bombs and get a Wierdboy or two to fling them around and buff them up

One of my lists tonight is 2x 20 man boyz

You would be surprised what a power klaw

2 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Oh they are worth it. Don't forget their tankbusta bombs and get a Wierdboy or two to fling them around and buff them up

One of my lists tonight is 2x 20 man boyz

Yeah, i'm bringing 29 boy squad on telyporta, with 11 boy squad fronted by 11 gretchin. Then big mek and warboss behind em. Tankbustas need to be 6" (so weird boy and teleporta don't deliver that range). I also didn't see anything allowed nades in CC anymore. So they're nice, but situational.

Basically just wanted to try boyz only kind of thing before bringing in bigger stuff. Thinking deffdredd by 1k, 3 klaws and a skortcha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

Yeah, i'm bringing 29 boy squad on telyporta, with 11 boy squad fronted by 11 gretchin. Then big mek and warboss behind em. Tankbustas need to be 6" (so weird boy and teleporta don't deliver that range). I also didn't see anything allowed nades in CC anymore. So they're nice, but situational.

Basically just wanted to try boyz only kind of thing before bringing in bigger stuff. Thinking deffdredd by 1k, 3 klaws and a skortcha.

The gernadeas are great for evil sunz falling back and charging 

My deff Dredd is dual klaws and dual Mega Blasta 

12 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

I'm totally with you, lots of details!

I love how even the Ork codex makes us feel orkish. We can't understand simple things :biggrin:

My favorite but is in the Mek Gunz blurb early on in the book. 

For me, I haven't player serious games or games since before big faq 1

6 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

1a0FEHI.jpg

Gargant complete 

I think I warned you, the problem with playing orks is that everything in your possession starts looking like a conversion waiting to happen. That's why I don't allow myself to play orks anymore.