Urban Conquest

Ish

City Fight has always been my preferred way* to play Warhammer 40,000 (just as Siege was always my favorite way to play WHFB). A properly dense board, with a good mix of intact buildings for room-to-room fire fights and towering ruins for sniper teams, roadways with blind corners, alleys too narrow for tanks, and all that other Stalingrad in Spaaaace! goodness just changes the game to favor the sorts of models I like seeing the best in the game: the poor bloody infantry. A lot of units that don't see much use on an "open" battlefield due to poor range, poor armor, or whatever, can really shine in a built up city. Hellhounds, Vypers, Storm Boyz and Assault Squads freakin' shine on a dense city table. 

Not to mention the terrain building. I [big bad swear word]ing love building terrain. It's probably my favorite part of the hobby, to be honest. I like to play, I like to paint, I really like the fluff... But I'm at my happiest when I'm elbows deep in MDF, foam board, flocking, plaster, and hot glue. I'm weird.

* Although I also have a special place in my heart for 3rd Edition's classic "Metagrinder" mission and a proper trench-line table.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ish said:

Brutal and Cunning: Torkyo Drift.

Starring Paul Waaaghker, Dwayne “Da Rok” Waaaghson, and Vin Diesel.

No, Vin Diesel doesn’t get a silly, made-up Ork name. The man’s real name is an anagram for “I end lives.” I’m not risking it. 

It's Vin Groksel but yea, pretty much. 

I will risk it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Umm... terrain sold separately? Hopefully,  please?

3 hours ago, WestRider said:

Yeah, the Terrain is the main part I want, too.

Hilariously, on the rest of the internet, people are kvetching about how the terrain in this set is useless... 🙄

7 hours ago, Ish said:

Hilariously, on the rest of the internet, people are kvetching about how the terrain in this set is useless... 🙄

Well, hopefully that should at least make it cheap on eBay

7 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

I second useless. It's like the Speed Freaks terrain. Great movement blocking but other than that... Need more Los Blocking terrain 

I don't want it so much in and of itself as I do for parts to use on other projects.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ish said:

Well as seen in my recent thread, I have a bunch of unpainted new terrain. Which this stuff fits perfectly with. 

I was going to give the terrain actual basing and this stuff would be perfect debris to go inside.

Hopefully a bunch will show up for sale by the people saying its usless.

• Like 1