Kult of Speed with Pirates

Lyraeus

So... Who doesn't like a T8 Warlord? I think I might try this out tomorrow. 

How do I get a T6 warlord to T8? Well... 'ard as Nails Warlord Trait for T7, and then the Snazztrike Kult of Speed Relic for T8 5++... (they give +1 T each... Oh baby). 

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Orks) [40 PL, 749pts] ++

Clan Kultur: Evil Sunz

+ HQ +

Deffkilla Wartrike [6 PL, 120pts]: Ard as Nails, Warlord

Kaptin Badrukk [5 PL, 84pts]

+ Elites +

Kommandos [4 PL, 69pts]
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw
. 5x Kommando
. Kommando W/ 'Eavy Weapon (Index): Burna

Kommandos [4 PL, 61pts]
. 5x Kommando

Nobz on Warbikes [14 PL, 265pts]
. Boss Nob on Warbike: Kustom Shoota (Index), Power Klaw, Stikkbombs
. Nob on Warbike: Kustom Shoota (Index), Power Klaw, Stikkbombs

+ Heavy Support +

Flash Gitz [7 PL, 150pts]: 4x Flash Git, Kaptin

++ Total: [40 PL, 749pts] ++

Seems fun. Thoughts? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

So... Who doesn't like a T8 Warlord? I think I might try this out tomorrow. 

How do I get a T6 warlord to T8? Well... 'ard as Nails Warlord Trait for T7, and then the Snazztrike Kult of Speed Relic for T8 5++... (they give +1 T each... Oh baby). 

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Orks) [40 PL, 749pts] ++

Clan Kultur: Evil Sunz

+ HQ +

Deffkilla Wartrike [6 PL, 120pts]: Ard as Nails, Warlord

Kaptin Badrukk [5 PL, 84pts]

+ Elites +

Kommandos [4 PL, 69pts]
. 5x Kommando
. Kommando W/ 'Eavy Weapon (Index): Burna

Kommandos [4 PL, 61pts]
. 5x Kommando

Nobz on Warbikes [14 PL, 265pts]
. Boss Nob on Warbike: Kustom Shoota (Index), Power Klaw, Stikkbombs

+ Heavy Support +

Flash Gitz [7 PL, 150pts]: 4x Flash Git, Kaptin

++ Total: [40 PL, 749pts] ++

Seems fun. Thoughts? 

Toughness increases aren't as impactful as they used to be. Still, a neat idea.

List does look fun for the league.

1 minute ago, Ish said:

My Primaris Marines might outnumber the Orks! What madness is this!?

I only have 7 Power Klaws... 15 S6 ap - 2 Dmg 2 that hit on 3's and 4's... A heavy 3 Dmg 2 minimum plasma gun... That hits on 4+... Gives reroll 1's to the s6 attacks... 

Oh and 15 S5 attacks, 20 s4 attacks at 18" on a 16" moving unit that gets +1" to advance and no penalty to shoot, oh and gets charge +1"

Oh and Kommandos. 

There’s a couple “break points” where the jump in Toughness is more impactful than others: T5 (boltguns now need 5’s to wound), T8 (overcharged plasma wounds on 4’s, boltguns on 6’s), and T10 (lascannons wound on 5’s and most of the really nasty mêlée -focused characters still only wound on 4’s).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ish said:

There’s a couple “break points” where the jump in Toughness is more impactful than others: T5 (boltguns now need 5’s to wound), T8 (overcharged plasma wounds on 4’s, boltguns on 6’s), and T10 (lascannons wound on 5’s and most of the really nasty mêlée -focused characters still only wound on 4’s).

EXACTLY! T7 is really nothing in the scheme of things because there is a ton of things out there to kill it. Even loota's struggle on T8. 

T7 is notable only as the “dividing line” between infantry and light vehicles, since it takes away a lot of the worry from small arms... So it’s not bad, it’s just the jump from T6 to T7 isn’t as impressive as the jump from T7 to T8 or T4 to T5.

It’s kinda like “dead levels” in Dugeons & Dragons 3.x... Yeah, getting a new level is always a good thing, but some levels just got you a bigger Hit Die. Other levels got you a new Feat, a new level of spells, a class special ability, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Ish said:

T7 is notable only as the “dividing line” between infantry and light vehicles, since it takes away a lot of the worry from small arms... So it’s not bad, it’s just the jump from T6 to T7 isn’t as impressive as the jump from T7 to T8 or T4 to T5.

It’s kinda like “dead levels” in Dugeons & Dragons 3.x... Yeah, getting a new level is always a good thing, but some levels just got you a bigger Hit Die. Other levels got you a new Feat, a new level of spells, a class special ability, etc. 

Hence why going from T6 to T7 is ok but that T8 relic boost is pretty snazzy... 

Now my list has Snazzgun and a snazztrike... Maybe the list could be called orks on snazz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lyraeus said:

Sure, when your plasma have to overcharge to wound on 4's? Your S7 is now 5's. T8 is pretty big. T7, no, T8, absolutely

I'm just thinking about previous editions. I agree, useful, but T8 used to be much more amazing that it is now.

T8 would mean immunity to S4 (or less) weapons. S5 and S6 wound only wound on 6s, S7 on 3s and S8 on 4s, and so forth. Furthermore, SM only had power swords and power fists in melee. So T8 meant that 9/10 tactical marines couldn't hurt you in melee. And leaving melee used to be a lot harder and more risky.

Plus you wouldn't need to worry about instant death from most sources.

2 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I'm just thinking about previous editions. I agree, useful, but T8 used to be much more amazing that it is now.

T8 would mean immunity to S4 (or less) weapons. S5 and S6 wound only wound on 6s, S7 on 3s and S8 on 4s, and so forth. Furthermore, SM only had power swords and power fists in melee. So T8 meant that 9/10 tactical marines couldn't hurt you in melee. And leaving melee used to be a lot harder and more risky.

Making a battle Cannon wound on 4's is pretty big

41 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

The only way to make you understand is to play you. Changing the dice odds from a 3 to wound to a 4 to wound is huge. Something your fusion blasters will need to learn

You're just determined to be offended, aren't you?

I do fully understand the advantgages of T8 in 8e. I told you before, I've got lots of editions floating in my head.  In previous editions, T8 was everything it is now, plus a bunch of other things. So it's awesome now, but was more awesome then. There's no insult here.

I'm offended...

Naw. T5 and T8 are great and T10 doesn't exist really. T9 is the sweetest spot though. Skabbbathrax, the Salmander dredd, Fellblades are all on that amazing T9 which basically makes you immortal, cause they dont just hand out T9, they hand out T9 plus stuff.

That being said T8/5++ on a highly mobile, less than 10 wounds character at 750 point is pretty darn good.

4 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

I'm offended...

Naw. T5 and T8 are great and T10 doesn't exist really. T9 is the sweetest spot though. Skabbbathrax, the Salmander dredd, Fellblades are all on that amazing T9 which basically makes you immortal, cause they dont just hand out T9, they hand out T9 plus stuff.

That being said T8/5++ on a highly mobile, less than 10 wounds character at 750 point is pretty darn good.

I know right! Now... If only He was actually good. 

Decent shooting, the klaw. Is a faux klaw which is not great. 

4 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Hmm...well, that's good. Thanks.

What reason do I have to be offended? I only felt as if you didn't fully grasp how. Good getting T8 anything in orks is. 

1 hour ago, Lyraeus said:

What reason do I have to be offended? I only felt as if you didn't fully grasp how. Good getting T8 anything in orks is. 

I say things like "no offense" as a method of covering my bases in the off chance that something I said was offensive, not because I think it was.

I'd rather apologize for things that didn't happen than offend without intending. And it does seem like people get offended by all sorts of things I do, regardless of intentions. 

27 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I say things like "no offense" as a method of covering my bases in the off chance that something I said was offensive, not because I think it was.

I'd rather apologize for things that didn't happen than offend without intending. And it does seem like people get offended by all sorts of things I do, regardless of intentions. 

If you are not trying to be purposefully antagonistic than meh