"Ave Dominus Nox!"

Salty Monkey

I had a LOT of success with Night Lords in the Traitor Legions book version.  I thought that book was so much of what Chaos needed andwas sad that 8th came so soon after it.  Barely got to play it.  I took them to just one actual event but played them a fair amount away from events and it was really really cool.

Like happened a lot in 7th, Nurgle was the best deity for units and so like most people I had to do the Nurgle thing for my Night Lords which isn't as fluffy as i wanted but i made up for it by ACTUALLY using two max sized squads of Raptors.  Because Raptors.  The Eye of Night was also awesome to use in conjunction with that army.  Had a biker with it.  Super gooooood.

The 3rd Edition Codex made Raptors incredibly expensive but they had that hit n Run rule no one else had so it made them nice and sticky and then they could leap free and do more damage which was neat.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Q- tip cotton, white glue, shape into misty shapes. Use the absolute black from culture hustle. It's the 2nd blackest black paint in existence and absorbs light. 

I'll have to give that a try. I was kinda disappointed by Black 2.0, which makes a similar claim.

Apparently they are actually the same paint. I didn't realize Culture Hustle was Semple's brand. I do need to mess around more with different mediums with it, but I can say that it's hard to actually get it to get that completely black appearance from it.

• Like 2

The description said it was usable on its own, but it may actually need that medium. The glow paint, as I understand it, is really bright, but doesn't last very long, and needs a lot of exposure to very strong light to "charge" it. I was also thinking it could be cool to use for the Nighthaunt Shadespire warband.

• Like 1