OFCC 2019 - Friday August 16th - SPEED PAINTING TOURNAMENT!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheBeninator said:

Question about airbrushing....

Can we have an airbrush all setup and our tank pressurized before we start? Or do we need to eat the prep time?

I'm pretty unlikely to bring an airbrush, but I was considering bringing it if I did 90% airbrushing only.

What is this performance enhancing nonsense! I like the thinking but seriously $5 entry this is an excuse to get rid of models that won't even go for free 😜

10 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

What is this performance enhancing nonsense! I like the thinking but seriously $5 entry this is an excuse to get rid of models that won't even go for free 😜

Gotta have a niche to compete with the Citadel Contrast Color folk.

I am all about performance enhancers, but not paying someone to make a fancy paint that does all the painting for me 😉

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, TheBeninator said:

Question about airbrushing....

Can we have an airbrush all setup and our tank pressurized before we start? Or do we need to eat the prep time?

I'm pretty unlikely to bring an airbrush, but I was considering bringing it if I did 90% airbrushing only.

You can totally do that. There will be a setup period and you can paint at the same spot for all rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been talked out of airbrushing since it would entail sending atomized paint into the hall destroying everyone's lungs except for my own. Cuz' I wear a mask and all that jazz.

This is OK though, because I am mastering the art of dry-brushing.

Is there a period of time between the end of the 20 mins, and the judging? IE, if I use a wash in the last 30 seconds, will it have time to dry naturally?

11 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

I have been talked out of airbrushing since it would entail sending atomized paint into the hall destroying everyone's lungs except for my own. Cuz' I wear a mask and all that jazz.

This is OK though, because I am mastering the art of dry-brushing.

Is there a period of time between the end of the 20 mins, and the judging? IE, if I use a wash in the last 30 seconds, will it have time to dry naturally?

Just gotta bring a whole paint station with hood and filter. 😉

That being said... The 20 minutes will end and we will go to judging. If you're the first pair to be judged, no. If you're the last pair to be judged, a little. Some folks have talked about fans and hair dryers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pretre said:

Just gotta bring a whole paint station with hood and filter. 😉

That being said... The 20 minutes will end and we will go to judging. If you're the first pair to be judged, no. If you're the last pair to be judged, a little. Some folks have talked about fans and hair dryers.

Sweet, washes always look better while they are wet anyways 😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Participant Info 

• Check in at the Mindtaker Table at OFCC by 5:45pm friday, start time is 6pm sharp, we will look to backfill any open slots by 5:45pm.
    • Please arrive early with enough time to set up your painting area, once set up you will not have to change locations. There will be 15-minute breaks between rounds for cleaning/resetting. 
  • Primed, assembled miniatures will be revealed at the start of each round. 
  • Basic minimal paints and brushes will be available for contestants but you are allowed, nay encouraged, to bring your own materials. There are no restrictions on what tools you may use. You are responsible for the set-up/clean-up of your station.
  • Be prepared for a wide range of subject matter, from AoS to 40K, organic to machine. Primer color will vary as well from round to round. 
  • Completion to tabletop standard is the objective, there is no bonus to finishing earlier than the allotted time. 
  • You are encouraged to join the judging if eliminated. 
  • There will be crowd participation, countdowns and such. Heckling is frowned upon, but cheering is encouraged. This will not be a quiet event. 

Please let us know if you have any questions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Huffnpuff said:

I would be happy to buy your ticket from you VonVilkee. If that is not within the rules, I can get on the waitlist. 

@Huffnpuff That sounds good. Just swing by the Mindtaker table when you get there and we'll get you signed up.

@VonVilkee We'll give Huff your ticket, if that's cool and you guys can sort out payment.

31 minutes ago, pretre said:

@Huffnpuff That sounds good. Just swing by the Mindtaker table when you get there and we'll get you signed up.

@VonVilkee We'll give Huff your ticket, if that's cool and you guys can sort out payment.

Totally cool he can just have it no purchase required. @pretre @Huffnpuff

I do reserve the right to consider @Huffnpuff my champion and claim part of the accolades he wins! 😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1