2019 40K OFCC - Calling all Captains!!!

4 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I'm half considering coming out for 40k this year, since there seems to be no Infinity event brewing. But I'm the filthiest of casuals, is there a place for a scrub like me at OFCC? I've been to the Infinity event twice, and I know how loose and fun that is, but I'm only just getting back into 40k.

You are good no matter what you play. Even on club nights

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I'm half considering coming out for 40k this year, since there seems to be no Infinity event brewing. But I'm the filthiest of casuals, is there a place for a scrub like me at OFCC? I've been to the Infinity event twice, and I know how loose and fun that is, but I'm only just getting back into 40k.

@Sgt. Rock

Yes! This event is a perfect fit for you!

I mean, if this guy is welcome then anyone is 🙂 

image.png

@Dark Trainer

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Alright, cool. I just wanted to make sure; I know 40k can sometimes get competitive in ways I'm not real keen on. I'm an old school player (I started in 3rd ed) so things like knights and the fact that named characters are de rigeur are foreign concepts to me. 😛 I just don't want to show up with my meager little collection of Crimson Fists and get stomped into the dirt in a way that's not fun.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Alright, cool. I just wanted to make sure; I know 40k can sometimes get competitive in ways I'm not real keen on. I'm an old school player (I started in 3rd ed) so things like knights and the fact that named characters are de rigeur are foreign concepts to me. 😛 I just don't want to show up with my meager little collection of Crimson Fists and get stomped into the dirt in a way that's not fun.

Nah, you sound like a great fit. Don't get me wrong, perfect balance is impossible, and some bad matchups happen every year, so you might get stomped at some point, but the HoG and Captains really work to avoid situations like that as best we can.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Characters are more balanced now but yea. Though... I want to start a Cities of death Narrative Campaign where units can gain experience and such

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Characters are more balanced now but yea. Though... I want to start a Cities of death Narrative Campaign where units can gain experience and such

That sounds like fun! I just always felt like including someone like Ghazghkull or Marneus or something like that in anything short of an apoc match was dumb... like, these guys are important, they got better things to do than babysit your ass during a 2000 point engagement. 😛

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

That sounds like fun! I just always felt like including someone like Ghazghkull or Marneus or something like that in anything short of an apoc match was dumb... like, these guys are important, they got better things to do than babysit your ass during a 2000 point engagement. 😛

Ghazy is sooooo expensive... Over a 10th of your army when you could just take 2 Megaboss's and still have 17 pts left over... 

I am of the count as mind. Sure this is the Marneus model I converted to be the Chapter Master of my Chapter. He uses the same rules though. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I always felt that every game is only a small slice of the overall epic that is 40k... when you take those fancy guys it is just their little slice of a bigger offensive...

• Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 11:11 AM, Sgt. Rock said:

You're in good company bro. Welcome out of retirement.

That's two of us noobs coming back from retirement

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xavier319 said:

Don, Team Ordo East has got your back, trust me. I think they're looking for a guy. I'll talk to the team captain, they're a great group of guys from Ohio. Who knows, maybe we'll face each other!

Awesome - keep me posted. I’ll be putting in time off for at least Friday ASAP. Looking forward to seeing everyone again after a couple years. 

-d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, evil_bryan said:

Looks like you have your team nearly formed 🙂 

That 4th member is the hardest. It would be hilarious though... Blood Angels of @apathy ales, Mordian Guard of @Jason and I would need another Imperial player to make it work (hint hint @Brandon) and then there is me... Playing Deffwotch... Tricking all the Imperial allies

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

That 4th member is the hardest. It would be hilarious though... Blood Angels of @apathy ales, Mordian Guard of @Jason and I would need another Imperial player to make it work (hint hint @Brandon) and then there is me... Playing Deffwotch... Tricking all the Imperial allies

I would be honored to play with everyone!

• Thanks 1