2019 OFCC 40K Team Event Players Guide - Version 1

11 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

It's less about bending over backwards and more about what I can afford to buy at this point. I'm just getting back into the game, and like a doofus, I sold all of the stuff I had when I quit. So I'm building my army from scratch now, and I'm trying to work under a tight budget.

Second hand is the way to go. Or borrow models. What are you looking to play?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PumpkinHead said:

Second hand is the way to go. Or borrow models. What are you looking to play?

I'll be doing the second hand thing a bit. I was planning on going all-Primaris Crimson Fists, even though Primaris need a LOT of work. But with some sudden expenses that have come up later in the year, I gotta start saving my pennies, so I'm going to have to do a little more soup than I wanted and mix in maybe about a third to half Militarum Tempestus Scions to bulk things out (and provide some reliable anti-armor, because GW seems to think Hellblasters are perfectly adequate.)

How do I get on a team!  Yes, I want to attend the 40k event and not AoS...i know, weird!

I am working on a chaos army.

Why do you want me on your team?  Easy answer, I've received Best Sports in past years for fantasy open (singles event) as well as Best Sports fantasy (team event). 

What's my motto?  Hobby, drink, and roll dice....maybe in that order! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I know last year.  Trying to fit in going old school crippled my list building severely along with beta deep strike rules.  This year the Keeper of Secrets, she's back with a vengeance.  Seduced some poor Black Legion souls to do her bidding.  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, WestRider said:

The Infil-Traitors need a fourth player, due to one of our past members underestimating just how much extra work having a baby around entails. Looking for someone who wants to chill out, throw some dice, and maybe forge a narrative or two.

Yeah that took me out for a year! Toddlers are interesting too... had to table my plans for a deathwatch primaris army, I'm still bringing a team. My army is just stuff I already have painted...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 1:45 AM, evil_bryan said:

The number of times each datasheet can be included is 4 (6 for Troops)

Does the 4 limit apply to dedicated transports? There are many factions that have smaller dedicated transports where more than 4 is common. 

Is there a reason this cannot just be reworded to be like GW official match play stance, but with rule of 4 rather than 3? That would remove confusion about this restriction.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 9:42 AM, Arizenkin said:

Does the 4 limit apply to dedicated transports? There are many factions that have smaller dedicated transports where more than 4 is common. 

Is there a reason this cannot just be reworded to be like GW official match play stance, but with rule of 4 rather than 3? That would remove confusion about this restriction.

@Arizenkin

In an effort to not completely rebuild the section, I made the following adjustment:

The number of times each datasheet can be included is 4 (6 for Troops and for Dedicated Transports)

I hope this helps in your list building 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@evil_bryan I'm escalating this question from a thread on the Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge subforum 

It's unclear if "Sources?! You mean source." is a bit if flavor text, or a vague way of making a rule on the Old School achievement. No other achievement has flavor text...

I'm thinking of running a Ynnari brigade, which feels way more old school than the triple Drukhari battalions I was leaning towards, but I'm not sure if it would count.

So does Old School include only a single source as well as the other requirements?

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Manethak said:

@Munkie earlier on the thread Bryan addressed this with the shadowspear mini codex, presumably this is the same answer. Hopefully that helps, but I understand the need to get the official word. 

Yeah the official word is needed. There were people on the other thread saying the single source requirement had been dropped this year so there's clearly some confusion on it. I'm just hoping to have it clarified (and hopefully re-written to be clear).

• Like 1