2019 OFCC 40K Team Event Players Guide - Version 1

Personal opinion here.

The limit is to encourage diversity and it is not a limit of 6 troops it is a limit of 6 of the same troop data sheets. Troops are part of the basic requirement for command points so limiting the same sheets forces diversity. Either you use some of the less points efficient options for command points or go to a different slot to fill points and hopefully increase lethality.

In your case you could take 6 squads and use the other 30 ish bodies as conscripts.

2 hours ago, necrontyr said:

Mordians don't use Conscripts, and they are only armed with lasguns. My squads wouldn't be WYSIWYG. Not the point though. I've never seen a limit on troops of any kind before. Just seems weird and I was hoping for some kind of reason. 

More than two battalions with nothing but the cheapest troops was a concern. Yeah totally get the questioning of restrictions from time to time!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evil_bryan said:

I have been summoned!

@Munkie The Old School Achieve was indeed designed to limit selection from a single source, but it is just an achievement and not meant to restrict the building of your army. Does that clarify things?

So more of "Your army can build an effective brigade, and you have done that" achievement 😜

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, necrontyr said:

Mordians don't use Conscripts, and they are only armed with lasguns. My squads wouldn't be WYSIWYG. Not the point though. I've never seen a limit on troops of any kind before. Just seems weird and I was hoping for some kind of reason. 

You could still have 6x infantry squads. Troops aren't required on every detachment, just certain types.

Just means you can't have 2x Brigades. Guard have plenty of toys in other slots.

And it's fluffy for Mordians to be more than just infantry...

Anyway, I suggested Necrons.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, Sgt. Rock said:

So at last year's OFCC (I was there for Infinity) I overheard something at the awards ceremony about sacrificing a model and putting it in the cannon. What's the deal with that? I'm thinking about coming out to play this year, but if I have to lose a model for it (because lord knows I won't be winning any awards) I'm hesitant.

I know this is an old post. But, this only applied to 40k players. Also the team (4 people) only give one model for the team (not per person). Usually the team captain has it figured out for the sacrificial lamb. Some throw away model. Other events didn't do this.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

@evil_bryan So a few of my players have asked if old Marines are okay on 25mm bases? Apparently some official thing somewhere I haven't bothered reading says all Marines must be on 32mm...

Can we use old school marines in an old-school list on old school bases ie 25mm?

I don't think anyone cares what size as long as they are not modeling for advantage. I have old models on 25mm and new ones on 32mm, both are built with the bases that were supplied. I have been rebasing some of my 25mm stuff to the newer 32mm so they all look the same, but no one cares. My guys take a lascannon to the chest and all die regardless of what size base they rock.

From GW Rule Book FAQ I found:

Q: What are the official rules regarding specific base sizes for specific models (if any)?
A: The rules assume that models are mounted on the base they are supplied with, but it’s entirely fine to mount them on whichever base you think is appropriate. Sometimes, a player may have models in their collection on unusually modelled bases. Some models aren’t supplied with a base at all. In these cases you should always feel free to mount the model on a base of appropriate size if you wish, using models of a similar type as guidance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Raindog unpinned and unfeatured this topic