Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There is a rule that you can only direct attacks at units you declared a charge against if you charged that turn. This does not stop you from consolidating there but you may give your opponent another unit that can fight that you can't attack first... you can declare any number of targets and suffer overwatch from each then see how it shakes out. Lots of gambling possibilities. 

 

Another tricky bit no matter how far you can move you can only declare charges up to 12" away from where you start. The extra movement just makes it easier to move around and consolidate into other units... so tactical!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fluger said:

For stratagems where you get to fight again do you get to consolidate into a new unit then use the strat to fight that next unit?

Every fight has 3 steps:  PAC.

Pile in

Attack

Consoludate

Its worth noting that if you do fight twice, after the first time, someone can interrupt you with 2CP before you fight the second time in most cases because most of those abilities say you can be selected to fight again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Every fight has 3 steps:  PAC.

Pile in

Attack

Consoludate

Its worth noting that if you do fight twice, after the first time, someone can interrupt you with 2CP before you fight the second time in most cases because most of those abilities say you can be selected to fight again.  

Most fight twice abilities are at the end of combat after everyone else has fought typically 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the question is, if you  did not charge and have with models within 1" which activates the fight phase, and you fight again with a strategem or ability which activates the fight phase a 2nd time, then on the 2nd fight you can target models that you piled in/consolidated into that you were not within 1" for the first fight. And yes you can. 

It's on the charge that you are restricted to what units you are able to target for the turn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, peter.cosgrove said:

I think the question is, if you  did not charge and have with models within 1" which activates the fight phase, and you fight again with a strategem or ability which activates the fight phase a 2nd time, then on the 2nd fight you can target models that you piled in/consolidated into that you were not within 1" for the first fight. And yes you can. 

It's on the charge that you are restricted to what units you are able to target for the turn.

And this is why you don't charge berzerkers when you have units nearby

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, peter.cosgrove said:

I think the question is, if you  did not charge and have with models within 1" which activates the fight phase, and you fight again with a strategem or ability which activates the fight phase a 2nd time, then on the 2nd fight you can target models that you piled in/consolidated into that you were not within 1" for the first fight. And yes you can. 

It's on the charge that you are restricted to what units you are able to target for the turn.

You can only attack units you charged. So.  Charge whatever is in your grasp if you think you can get away with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Away from book but I believe the rules state. 

If you charged in the preceding charge phase you can only direct attacks at things you charged. 

 

The feeling i got from the rule was that no matter how you get stuck in that initial combat phase you need to give your opponent a chance to overwatch if you are able to attack them. If all you're doing is thing them up go for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

Away from book but I believe the rules state. 

If you charged in the preceding charge phase you can only direct attacks at things you charged. 

Yes. 

The exact wording (including redundant "that") is: 

Models that charged this turn can only target enemy units that they charged in the previous phase. (Page 182, last sentence of first paragraph in "Choose Targets" subsection)

So you can consolidate into new units to your heart's content, but will not be able to attack them with a strike again stratagem unless:

A) You declared the charge against them as well (and thus exposed yourself to their overwatch).

B) You did not charge this turn (either stuck in combat from the turn before, or the other player charged you this turn).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, WestRider said:

Nope. Those abilities happen at the end of the Fight Phase, not in a new one.

Depends on the wording of the ability. Some are just "you may fight twice" type things where they can just be nominated to fight within the normal sequencing of chargers/strike firsters, everybody else, then always strike lasters. 

But yeah, sometimes the timing is specified. In either case, though, it's still in the Fight Phase and never a new phase.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...