Ticket sales are BLOWING UP!

image.png.95359e27799087bdc19f26a45b6e4d73.png

Projected ticket sales for the final 4 weeks prior to the event are 9 tickets (orange). That puts us on a trajectory for 22 or so players!

Never mind the science behind this reasoning, just look at that green arrow go up!

"Sources" indicate that we are neck and neck with AoS. Keep the recruiting strong, it's time to take back the title of most played fantasy game!

For the love of the square!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of real science facts that are true, did you know that the square is the STRONGEST natural shape in wargaming (besides the triangle, but nobody likes triangles)? That's because each side of the square represents one of the main aspects of enjoyment when it comes to gaming!

image.png.08603fd0bc1aeeeb563e22de92a182da.png

I mean, "Hip to Be Square" isn't directly related to wargaming, but it does have to do with squares! Some fantasy wargaming shapes simply can't hold the same level of enjoyment!

image.png.28ff03bcfbce43c3073c188ac027a027.png

• Haha 2

On 7/19/2019 at 7:26 PM, Yarbicus said:

This thing is next month! I have 3 months worth of painting to do...

Don't sweat it, you will get there! Remember, 3 colors + basing is all you need. 

30 minutes ago, The_Rat_Catchers said:

Super excited for my first ever T9A tourney, as well as meeting and playing people outside my LGS! Best call your local rat catcher because the Vermintide is on the way!!

Excited for you to make it! There is sure to be quite the showing of vermin this OFCC. As well as Orcs and goblins. A very horde-y time!

• Like 2

Hey All:

TheBeninator nudged me with a message last week about this and I think I can make it!  I have to clear one thing but it sounds like a great chance to get the Orcs and big ol' Grugnold out of the dark cabinet where they have been languishing for two years and get them on the table for some games.  

For most of y'all that don't know me, I'm a guy who used to play a lot of WFB before GW killed it and I've been doing other gamer stuff for the last few years since that time (other than a fun weekend at OFCC 2017..or was it '16?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I'd like to grudge John for round 1, unless he is playing Meat Grinders and Doom Wheels, in which case I would request to not be paired against him for the entirety of the tournament.

Sir, the possibility of John not bringing Meat Grinders and Doom wheels is approximately 3,720 to 1.

30 minutes ago, Lion of Flanders said:

OK, I just paid my entry fee....now to look at the rules tonight and remember how to play...

Alright, Welcome back!

Let me know if you want to have a refresher match! I am unfortunately without a car right now, so something within Portland is somewhat my limit. I could be talked into riding out to Dice Age, but if it's hot ill probably complain about it a lot.

Alternatively, just post in the meetup thread and we will find someone for you to match up with.

20 hours ago, Lion of Flanders said:

Hey All:

TheBeninator nudged me with a message last week about this and I think I can make it!  I have to clear one thing but it sounds like a great chance to get the Orcs and big ol' Grugnold out of the dark cabinet where they have been languishing for two years and get them on the table for some games.  

For most of y'all that don't know me, I'm a guy who used to play a lot of WFB before GW killed it and I've been doing other gamer stuff for the last few years since that time (other than a fun weekend at OFCC 2017..or was it '16?)

I'll be stopping by to say hello, for sure. Been way too long. 🙂

• Like 4

13 hours ago, splinx said:

My sister is flying in From Australia so I’m unable to play over the Saturday or Sunday but if anyone wants to get a game in on Friday night with a bottle of scotch I would love too.  

I'd be down for a battle. It may turn out to be my only battle depending on how many players we end up with.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

Alright, Welcome back!

Let me know if you want to have a refresher match! I am unfortunately without a car right now, so something within Portland is somewhat my limit. I could be talked into riding out to Dice Age, but if it's hot ill probably complain about it a lot.

Alternatively, just post in the meetup thread and we will find someone for you to match up with.

Thanks!  I'll be hard pressed to get to PDX in the next three weeks, so I'll be on my own for getting (minimally) up to speed on the ruleset.  I just looked at them last night and its different here and there but familiar at the same time, e.g. "Fortitude (4)" = "4+ Ward save" in old speak. 

One of the reasons for my cramped "gamer time" schedule BTW is that my 17 year old and I are going to GenCon next week which should get my gamer geek batteries completely topped up.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lion of Flanders said:

Thanks!  I'll be hard pressed to get to PDX in the next three weeks, so I'll be on my own for getting (minimally) up to speed on the ruleset.  I just looked at them last night and its different here and there but familiar at the same time, e.g. "Fortitude (4)" = "4+ Ward save" in old speak. 

One of the reasons for my cramped "gamer time" schedule BTW is that my 17 year old and I are going to GenCon next week which should get my gamer geek batteries completely topped up.  

Actually, a Fortitude (4) == 4+ Regeneration in old speak 😄

Aegis == Ward

Same thing really, unless the opponent has lethal strike or flaming attacks.

Have fun at GenCon!

• Like 1