I was planning on being around Friday for open gaming / hang outs, but had some unfortunate circumstances that ate up my PTO. I might try and swing by Friday evening though after my kid falls asleep.

ALSO, I plan on heading over to Tap Union Freehouse after the last round on Saturday for some beers! It's about 5 blocks north from the Hilton. Hope some of my fellow square basers will join me!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I was planning on being around Friday for open gaming / hang outs, but had some unfortunate circumstances that ate up my PTO. I might try and swing by Friday evening though after my kid falls asleep.

ALSO, I plan on heading over to Tap Union Freehouse after the last round on Saturday for some beers! It's about 5 blocks north from the Hilton. Hope some of my fellow square basers will join me!

That's going to happen AFTER @Raindog's pub quiz.... RIGHT?!

It is a tertiary objective afterall...

8 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

Ill be there as well on Friday, so will Dane. 

@splinx are we still having us a match, or are you busy?

Hey Benny! I don’t think I’m gonna have time for a full game unfortunately as I couldn’t get a babysitter so wife is gonna look after little one for a couple hours so I can pop down and at least say hello to everyone. So by all means if you can get a pickup game against someone else please go for it. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lion of Flanders said:

Hey All:

I used "New Recruit" to build my list, but it doesn't seem to have a "game use" list that has stats on it.  What are y'all using to make your list for the table?

All help appreciated....

I use Army Builder, but it's not a free program, costs like $40. A bit expensive, but I did buy it in 2012, and have definitely gotten my money's worth. For anyone considering playing 9th Age for the long term, I recommend it, as it often has the quickest updates and the least instances of errors.

Battlescribe is also another option, and is free! I would suggest checking it against New Recruit or your army book though, as I have run into more errors using it on my phone.

• Raindog unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Another OFCC on the books!

A huge thank you to @TheBeninator for running another great event! I had a blast, thank you for so much for all of your hard work you put in to making this event happen!

A huge thank you to all of my opponents, @BenKerr, @Sherbert, @Yarbicus, @Diap2012, and @Pecksata! I spent almost an hour deciding who to give my pin to, you all deserved one. Thank you all for 5 great games!

And thank you to Ordo for having us square-basers! OFCC will continue to be the gold standard of gaming events for me!

Looking forward to OFCC 2020!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the great weekend and gaming! Especially @TheBeninator for running a super smooth event, had absolutely no problems or issues what so ever. Had 5 great games against 5 great opponents, and loved my 1st OFCC! Will definitely be back for more! 

Also forgot to mention it yesterday when we were talking about future tournaments, but there are a few upcoming tournaments in 2019 if anyone is interested -

• Infernal Zoo - October 5th-6th in Sacremento. Alex runs a great tournament, he came up to March to War last year and brought a big group of guys from Cali, so we should try to get a good sized group to go support his tournament. I know Andrew, Ben, and I are signed up, would love to see some more PNW people down there.
  • Tides of War  - November 9th-10th (Veteran's Day Weekend) in Phoenix. This is my home club's GT, it is a ton of fun. Hoping to have around 30 people this year. I know lots of people in Phoenix so if you are worried about rides from airports, places to stay, etc. reach out to me and I can get you hooked up.
  • Pacific Rim - Dec 7-8 in San Francisco. Kenyon's running his Team Tournament again this year. 5 man teams, would love to get a PNW team to go down and compete! Team tournaments are always a fun and different way of playing 9th Age!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to everyone who came out and committed to 15 hours (well 14.5 hours) of wargaming in two days. You are really the weekend warriors that make these events happen.

I'll need to get all of the final details from the tournament from the Ordo laptop (I didn't have a way to transfer them due to the no-internet zone). Ill be uploading photos soon, so stay tuned for that!

Like Ben K. said, Andrew and I are planning on driving down for the Zoo, we could certainly add 1-2 more people to the carpool. Last year we were generously hosted by one of the locals in Davis, I am sure we can secure a similar situation this year.

Finally, because I know Disruptive Conduct will see this. Thank you Ordo for making this event possible. Without Ordo, we may have never met each other and been able to attract new members to our small but growing community.

'Till next year!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3