This is currently tentative (all dependent on my team mates not starting a mutiny... ;P or.... And approval by that group) but the newbie Team Imperial Krusaders is in the works... And so far it's hilarious (well I think so) 

We have so far on the roster:

@apathy ales and his Blood Angels!

@Jason and his Mordian Guard (lol, pretty boys)

@Brandon with his Deathwatch

And me... Bringing the K to this Krusade with my count as Deathwatch Orks the Deffwotch and their subjugated Kadian Grots...<.< Whoops Guard >.>...heh... One of these things is not like the others... 

Calling on the experienced captains who read this shenanigans, do share your wonderful advice! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I believe I know how this works, maybe minus a few details. Over all I've been super excited to try something like this. 

Each team has 4 members with one identified captain. Teams play each other in 4 simultaneous games, with the captains having a prematch pairing ceremony (hence me mentioning playing death guard for a different match up option) to determine who plays who. All 4 games occur and all points are added together to determine winner. So even if you loose your game then team can still win the match. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

So I believe I know how this works, maybe minus a few details. Over all I've been super excited to try something like this. 

Each team has 4 members with one identified captain. Teams play each other in 4 simultaneous games, with the captains having a prematch pairing ceremony (hence me mentioning playing death guard for a different match up option) to determine who plays who. All 4 games occur and all points are added together to determine winner. So even if you loose your game then team can still win the match. 

True. You would be the Space Marines player. I have a bunch of Death Guard as well. You do have the new Shadowspear box... 

8 hours ago, apathy ales said:

Is beer allowed? Can I brew The Imperial Krusaders Kolsch?

Is beer allowed?!

A lack of alcohol will be met with derision and scorn. We do have to be sneaky about it as the hotel has their own bar so water bottles, flasks, and the like are your friend. 

The hotel would likely frown at a keg. However, a pony keg stompa....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Munkie said:

Is beer allowed?!

A lack of alcohol will be met with derision and scorn. We do have to be sneaky about it as the hotel has their own bar so water bottles, flasks, and the like are your friend. 

The hotel would likely frown at a keg. However, a pony keg stompa....

>. >.... 

<. <.... 

Huh... That's an idea... 

13 hours ago, apathy ales said:

Is beer allowed? Can I brew The Imperial Krusaders Kolsch?

I was already heavily considering issuing a challenge to your newly founded team. 

@Lyraeus consider yourselves challenged! You personality seem to hold to a similar gaming philosophy as myself (play it as right as allowed but ensure the tricks I use are at least known to exist) so I'd like the opportunity to throw down both dice and beer with you. Be aware I do bring some pretty casual players with me but a couple of us punch above our casual weight class. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

I was already heavily considering issuing a challenge to your newly founded team. 

@Lyraeus consider yourselves challenged! You personality seem to hold to a similar gaming philosophy as myself (play it as right as allowed but ensure the tricks I use are at least known to exist) so I'd like the opportunity to throw down both dice and beer with you. Be aware I do bring some pretty casual players with me but a couple of us punch above our casual weight class. 

I don't know abiut same philosophy. Some. People see me as ruthless... But I want a good game. I do abhor rofl stomping people but it doesn't mean I bring bad thing. I just play them directly) differently. 

The rest of my team I can't call casual. They are good players but I think we all want some fun ^_^ we can work it out and figure out what players will have the glbest games against each other. A challenge for all

• Like 1

I find it humorous our team thread has turned into the unofficial how to get away with drinking thread.

Yeah, I'm thinking best option will be to brew and keg at home, then bring to event in growlers. 

I wonder if I can find a way to alter a space marine to be holding a pint glass. Then throw that guy in this cannon thingy at end of the weekend...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

I find it humorous our team thread has turned into the unofficial how to get away with drinking thread.

Yeah, I'm thinking best option will be to brew and keg at home, then bring to event in growlers. 

I wonder if I can find a way to alter a space marine to be holding a pint glass. Then throw that guy in this cannon thingy at end of the weekend...

Got a landraider? 

Oh! What about an added Promethium tank! 

Heh... Heh... Display board with a Promethium tank... Who knows why there is sloshing around... It's a hobby thing

1 hour ago, apathy ales said:

Can confirm.

Time to fill growler between rounds across street? Check

Backpack with growler in it to look legit, sweater around growler to keep cold? Check

Every room have paper coffee cups and lids in them to totally look uber legit? Check

Read about it on some guy's blog...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1