Flames of War Mega Battle at Ambuscade 3 - SAT APR 6

barca

Our February event was snowed out, but has been rescheduled: SAT APR 6, 11 AM - 10 PM

I will be hosting this battle: Session 1 - Table C (Tank Collision at Prokhorovka) (6)
Tank Collision at Prokhorovka. In this one day battle during the Kursk campaign, on the eastern front of WWII, nearly 1,000 German and Soviet tanks smashed into each other in a massive armored battle. 15mm figures. Flames of War 4th edition rules.

You can bring your own force of 109 points (See NOTES 1-3, below) from any of these Flames of War books: "Iron Cross", "Ghost Panzers", "Enemy At The Gates" or "Red Banner".

You don't have to bring anything. Instead, you can use a force supplied by the GM. We will have 100+ Russian tanks and 50 + German tanks
         NOTES for "Tank Collision at Prokhorovka":

1. Tank teams and aircraft only.

2. No Ferdinands, NO SU-85s (These were not present at Prokhorovka in July, 1943)

3. Panthers and Tigers limited to those supplied by the GM

Third Annual Ambuscade! (April 6, 2019) One-Day Historical Miniatures Wargaming Event
The third annual AMBUSCADE! will be held on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at Guardian Games, located at 345 SE Taylor, Portland Oregon, in the Level Up room (sorry, 21+ only).  This event is FREE (but donations are welcome).
More info and sign-up at https://ambuscadeportland.blogspot.com/p/ambuscade.html

Lots of great games
11:00am - 3:00pm Session 1
- Napoleon's Last Gamble.  100 Days Campaign. 25mm figures. Black Powder 2 rules.
- Tank Collision at Prokhorovka. Kursk 15mm figures. Flames of War 4th edition rules. - GM: barca
- Napoleonic Battle 1809 French their allies vs. Austrians and their allies. 15mm figures. Napoleon's Battles rules.
- The Crossover - skirmish scenario - game of cat and mouse. 28mm figures. Pulp Alley rules.
- Spanish-Aztec War 28mm figures. FUBAR rules.

3:00pm - 7:00pm Session 2
- Steampunk Aztecs 28mm figures. In Her Majesty's Name rules.
- Winter War Finland vs. Soviets. The Raate Road, 1939. 28mm figures. One Hour Wargame rules
- Isola della Scala (1512) Italian Wars/Renaissance game. 28mm figures, Lion Rampant rules
- Viking Raid Skirmish game. 25mm figures. Mayhem rules

7:00pm - 10:00pm   Session 3
- Battle of Kalish 1813  Napoleonic game. 20mm figures. Shako II rules.
- Planet Tekumel. 28mm figures. FUBAR rules
- Feast for Crows. 28mm figures – you must bring your own faction! Saga 2 rules.

3 hours ago, Souldier3 said:

I'm signed up for this one but I don't know if Danimal can go as he is in the middle of moving into a new house. I'll be bringing T-34's!

lkg fwd 2 ur participation. Special scenario rules. Should be a nail-biter for both factions.

I bumped the points up to 125 per player, but there might be one or two variations in the starting forces.

Reserves are drawn from a pool outside of each player's force. Each player's whole force deploys before turn 1.

Points do not include:

• Corps/Army Reserves.
  • "Tank Steamroller" rule for the Soviets.

It is a scenario to get a "feel for the battle", so points not guaranteed to be balanced.

GM - me - will adjust forces and reserves timing to keep everyone in the battle and make it dramatically fun.

• 3 weeks later...