Guardian Games Weekly Game Day Tuesday's 6pm to 10pm (AoS, Warhammer Underworlds, Warcry)

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are playing Age or Sigmar, Warhammer Underworlds and Warcry at Guardian Games every Tuesday from 6pm to 10pm. We have a FB group that people use to help coordinate games. But even if you just show up we will always try and get you a game. We have 4 dedicated 4' x 6' tables, along with 2 dedicated tables for Warhammer Underworlds and Warcry with the ability to add more depending on player count. The tables are marked/reserved and back by the bar entrance. There is no fee to play and we play any point value. I am always willing to teach people how to play as well. We also have an optional casual league on Tuesday nights as well for $10 a month with a 15% off discount on most GW products and a raffle.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GGPDXAOS/

• Like 5

On 7/26/2019 at 5:16 PM, paxmiles said:

What's it take to get into AoS these days?

Like on the casual level which could attend and enjoy this tuesday group.

Very much so most players that attend are pretty casual players and even the more competitive ones that play tone it down. We are also very cool with teaching people how to play. I try and make sure if you show up you can get a game in wether that be AoS, Underworlds or soon Warcry. I play all 3 so that helps. Anyway hope to see some new faces on Tuesdays. 

9 hours ago, deadwing34 said:

Very much so most players that attend are pretty casual players and even the more competitive ones that play tone it down. We are also very cool with teaching people how to play. I try and make sure if you show up you can get a game in wether that be AoS, Underworlds or soon Warcry. I play all 3 so that helps. Anyway hope to see some new faces on Tuesdays. 

I don't think I explained the question well enough. I meant: 

What does it take, from a cash standpoint, to get into AoS enough to be able to play in your casual league?

22 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I don't think I explained the question well enough. I meant: 

What does it take, from a cash standpoint, to get into AoS enough to be able to play in your casual league?

Well we don’t charge for league and most people can and will play at any point value. AoS just added a really great new way to play at lower point values 1000 points. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@deadwing34 How’s the crowd been turning out at Guardian on Tuesdays these days?  I was thinking of showing up tomorrow after a few months hiatus to play some Underworlds or Warcry, but with holidays and being away a bit didn’t know if anyone had been showing by recently.  Sorry, don’t have Facebook to check the group.  I should get on that though...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Turtlerock said:

@deadwing34 How’s the crowd been turning out at Guardian on Tuesdays these days?  I was thinking of showing up tomorrow after a few months hiatus to play some Underworlds or Warcry, but with holidays and being away a bit didn’t know if anyone had been showing by recently.  Sorry, don’t have Facebook to check the group.  I should get on that though...

We always get some people to show up every week. Last week we had 3 games of AoS and two games of Underworlds. I always bring all 3 games with me so I can fill in where needed, I really try and make sure if someone shows up they can get a game in. Having Facebook makes that a bit easier so I know who is showing up and can help coordinate games, but drop in's are always welcome as well. Once the 15 new Warbands come out for Warcry we will most likely be launching a new Warcry campaign using rules from the newly released book. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this week because my daughter has a choir performance, but I am there nearly every week of the year. Anyway hope to see you out soon.

Official start of the league will be February 4th! The full league rules are shown in the attached pictures. The most important thing about the league is, it is completely optional and not required to play on Tuesday nights. You can also continue coming out and playing any of the games we play and earn points.

Along with the league we are also going to be running an Age of Sigmar Escalation event that will lead into Rose City Wrath 2020! This is a great opportunity to try out a new army or try out Age of Sigmar. Details are shown below:

Feb 4th & 11th: 1000 points (2 battleline)

Feb 18th & 25th: 1500 points (3 battleline)

Mar 3rd, 10th & 17th: 2000 points (3 battleline)

Mar 21st & 22nd: Rose City Wrath GT 2020!

League Sheet 1.jpg

League Sheet 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had 16 people sign up and play in the league this month and even more players that just came out and got some games in. This has been the busiest month on record in the Mortal Realms at Guardian Games. If you are wanting to get some Mortal Realms action in next month we are kicking the next league off on March 3rd.

• Like 1