GoT, Season 8, Ep 5 - load of crap

Brother Glacius

just waiting for it to be done... and ... over.  The last few shows have had many WTF moments- plot holes and just lazy writing.  But the visuals are good - and I enjoy watching.  Until, I start thinking about it too much lol. 

At this point I am really just trying to get r' done lol.  One more show - and its over ... so just trying to enjoy it.

-d

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sad thing is they had great screen writers converting the books over but now without the base book to parse through and in my opinion improve they are struggling to get anything remotely approaching good on the screen.

Specific all to short moments are good but they are struggling so hard to navigate to those moments. It is painful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone was telling me that the issue is that George RR Martin is in a financial position where actually finishing the last book is an unneeded risk. He's already got all the wealth and recognition, so finishing only leaves room to fail. Plus it's the last book, so it's not like making this book means selling the sequel. 

As for the TV series, I haven't watched any of the new season, but sounds like a classic scenario where you already know that whatever you sell will be bought. So there's no reason to have quality control. If they throw enough money at it, it will still be decent even with terrible writting, but they have no motive to make it amazing.

13 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Plus it's the last book, so it's not like making this book means selling the sequel. 

Supposedly there are 2 more books: Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring. I'm curious if they will ever get finished. I'm curious how much I want them to get finished; First 3 books were great, last 2 were kinda a slog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Supposedly there are 2 more books: Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring. I'm curious if they will ever get finished. I'm curious how much I want them to get finished; First 3 books were great, last 2 were kinda a slog.

Is it 2 books, or did he split 1 book into 2 releases? I'm fine being wrong here. I'm only opperating on hearsay, anyway. 

I read about 3/4 of the first book and decided that I can't enjoy keeping track of that many characters. Writing was fine, and the plot was good, but my memory isn't enough to enjoy so many characters at once. 

I think the problem the show has now is it's too fan-servicy. All the things we've wanted to see are starting to happen and mostly in ways that we wanted to have them done. Other things just feel forced. Rather than have storytellers leading us on a journey, I feel like they're mirroring the pop-culture resonance back at us. It feels hollow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1