Nathan Fluger

Lord Hanaur

Facebook page for regular updates and discussion:  https://www.facebook.com/events/667885086982742/

One of our own has fallen prey to the depredations of cancer and we intend to annihilate the invader.
Nathan Fluger has opened his home to many of us for games and tournaments, and has been a long time ork player, now facing Spinal cancer. Your mission is to lighten that burden for he and his family while celebrating the game he and we love.
All money raised goes directly to Nathan Fluger and his family. The Game Matrix, whose owner also is in this same battle, has graciously opened it to be used for the event.

THE RULEZ:
WHO: You and any enemy of cancer you know. Spread the word far and wide. This is different. This is one of us.
Forge World rules will be allowed, but the Forge World Beta rules will not.
Make CERTAIN you have printed easy to read copies of your list for your opponent and please submit your list by June 15th on the Bestcoast Pairings player app on your phone.

WHAT:
ITC event. 2,000 point Battleforged armies. NO Paint requirements for this event.

Lists need to be uploaded to the BestcoastPairings app by Friday June 15th.

$25 entry, and it is all going to Nathan and family.  Opportunities for additional donations will be available as well.
Chess clocks will be enforced for tables who use them. If one player wishes to use the clock then you must agree and be bound by the clock rules. Familiarize yourself with the rules.

WHERE: The Game Matrix in Tacoma. PARK BEHIND THE BUILDING PLEASE
8610 S Tacoma Way, Lakewood, WA 98499

WHEN: 3 rounds, 3 Hours each. All day June 29th 2019. We will try to arrange an extended mealtime for everyone and if it's possible, we will ask Nathan to join us for it!

WHY: Because you can. Sometimes the only reason you need to be helpful is because you can be. Let's remember that 1 in 3 of us will get cancer. Paying it forward is a thing.

OTHER STUFF:  We are planning a silent auction.  if you would like, you can send the items you wish to donate to my office (I'll provide the address to those interested) and I will take pics and post them so that people can start thinking about it and deciding what to donate for them.  This will be another great way to raise the money we want to raise.  Your help is appreciated.  You can PM me here or email me at Jancoran@hotmail.com

SILENT AUCTION RULES:

Here are the auction rules:

Bids should be sent to Jaclyn McCoy through PM on Facebook, not on the items themselves.
All items have a number on them identifying their lot number. Pay close attention to that number when you bid. Don’t get it wrong!
You can bid multiple times for the same item. When you bid, you bid by specifying the item number and amount like this:
“$13 for 16”. This means you are committing $13 for the item we have marked as #16. Keeping it simple like this will make Jaclyns job much easier.
You can only bid in whole dollars. For example, you could bid $11, but not $11.03.
If you win one, congratulations! Cash must be received by the day of the tournament and you must pick your item up at the Game Matrix event on June 29th, or elect someone to do it for you. If someone else is picking it up for you, you need to let us know.
Once you have bid, you are committing that money to Flugers family, so keep in mind that if the top bidder does not show up, you may still win the bid.
Top bids will be updated periodically, to give you the chance to bid again, so keep an eye on it.
Final bids will be taken at 5PM June 28th, to give us time to prepare everything to be delivered to its new homes and ALSO give us breathing room to do the tournament prep we need to do!

Cancer Fundraiser custom art!!!.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Monday, 10:51 AM I found out about this.  As of Friday 1:11 PM we had the venue, the tournament set up, and 20 players registered.  YUS.  Spreading the word loud and strong will help us pack it all the way up in no time.  GONNA BE A MADHOUSE!  Thanks for the help in getting the word out.

Some updates:  we will be having a silent auction.  Items are being donated for it from as far away as you can imagine.  We will try to get Pics up BEFORE the event so you can peruse what we have and make those bids.

So then it makes sense to mention this new feature of the event here, so that if you feel the want or need to contribute things to the silent auction, you can.  

To make this a success, we will need to make sure that whatever is contributed is in decent shape.  While no donation will be turned down, I would ask that you consider that we do want people to walk away with cool stuff to encourage the bidding.  bring your hearts with your checkbooks.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CaptainA said:

Since this is the weekend of boise cup, I won't be able to go, but still want to be able to participate. Suggest a paypal me link or something similar so people can send more cash.

Oh sure, you bet!!!  Its actually i nthe Facebook page, and in the ordo posting under 40,000 stuff. 

I'll repost it here for easy reference:  https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-fluger-family-fight-spinal-cancer?fbclid=IwAR2i_wIqzIKdrN_1XN9VrzqTfcGNYVVQkUeu5I-ga9uAY2K6QLSNBpF_DAU

• Thanks 1

Now that we have filled all the pre-registration slots, I want to make SURE everyone takes just three minutes to absorb the tournament rules that are listed  in this tournaments section and/or on the Facebook page. Due to a recent incident, we want to make certain everyone has read them!  They have been updated to reflect a couple good questions that got asked.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

So without logging into facebook, you can only see the date and time and the logo. all other info and posts are not displaying.

Scroll down.  There is a Details section and then a "see more" link below that.  It shows all the basics.  There really isn't any other info there that isn't here.  Posts won't show, I am sure, unless you've joined the FB event.  That's normal. I know some don't have FB, not even for stuff like this, but that's just a limitation of Facebook.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Scroll down.  There is a Details section and then a "see more" link below that.  It shows all the basics.  There really isn't any other info there that isn't here.  Posts won't show, I am sure, unless you've joined the FB event.  That's normal. I know some don't have FB, not even for stuff like this, but that's just a limitation of Facebook.

again, there is no option to scroll down therefore no other details are presented. the pic below is the only thing i can see.

Screenshot_20190605-064037.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2019 at 6:42 AM, DisruptiveConduct said:

again, there is no option to scroll down therefore no other details are presented. the pic below is the only thing i can see.

Screenshot_20190605-064037.png

That isn't what I see, but different platforms probably see different things.   Scroll down.

As I said in the earlier post:  "...that are listed  in this tournaments section and/or on the Facebook page."  So outside of peoples enthusiastic posts on FB, you will get all the details here as well.  Facebook is just a more interactive way to be involved, but I am going to make every effort to keep you updated here FO SHO.  No worries.  Take a look at the original post for any deets.  It will be updated with anything that's mission critical.

Most important thing at the moment is to get the lists in by the 15th, and also to let me know if there is anything you wish to give for the silent auction so I can get you an address for that.  We'd like to have pictures up as soon as possible so people can start deciding what they want to donate for them, if anything.

• Thanks 1

We are just 24 days away from this momentous event and so if you know someone who would like to attend and support the event or participate in the silent auction let me know. We also have a couple of needs I am putting out there: First off, we will need a ringer who can show up to fill gaps if someone drops. This is a selfless person who might be willing to help me run the event unless called upon to play in it. The pay isn't great but it's for a good cause. The second is that we have a pretty funny plan for Nathan Fluger to participate if he is able and so i will need a special helper for that as well. 1f61b.png=PObviously these would be people not registered for the event. Feel free to respond below if you want to make yourself available for these special tasks and we'll expect you at the event ready to play! If a spot opens up, of course we will prefer people take that paid slot as its a fundraiser but the ringer would be our emergency player and tournament helper. Alrighty then. that's all I got for now.

• Thanks 1

ALERT: THE FIRST OF THE ITEMS FOR THE SILENT AUCTION HAVE ARRIVED!!! Pics will be forthcoming along with the minimum bids, and as soon as they are up, you will be able to start making your bids. Remember that these an be gifts for others as well as gifts to yourself, but it is all in the name of one cause so be generous and get excited because there is some VERY significant swag on the block here and I really am excited to show it to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1