OFCC Scenarios

The mission I really don't care for: the one that provides a bonus to magic. Either the loremaster or + to cast version. Both I feel were not fun.

The missions I loved : Mr. lucky and sabotage with the reverse VP for getting your own unit killed.

The mission I want more of: modified watchtower (not automatically win, but large bonus in VP)

.the mission I want to die screaming in the infected bowel of a sarlacc: the treasure hunt scenario with the coins in the middle to collect.

• Like 1

I loved Mr. Lucky!  That was probably my favorite scenario played.

I really like me some Blood and Glory.  However, I would say that it needs to be modified for any event.  It should be modified so that the person who breaks fortitude gets X amount of points and if the other player is able to break fortitude then they recieve 50% of the X points for VP.  Blood and Glory straight from the book, without any modifications, is horrible for events.

I really liked your mobile watch tower scenario, but I believe it should be slightly adjusted.  That tower should destroy obstacles it hits.  A fence really stops a tower?

• Like 1

Honestly if there was a VP system instead of the standard system where you count up the points you lost that would be great. Like getting a number of victory points for the percentage of points you killed, general, BSB and scenario objectives. (Not really that different, just adding VP for following the objective. And not have to worry about a furried up Doom Bull sitting in the Watchtower winning while the rest of his force is wiped out. :wink: )

Come to think of it, haven't been to OFCC yet, so how are victories defined? Same as th BRB?

• Like 1

I enjoy dawn attack, blood and glory, and Mr. Lucky. I find all three of these too be very balanced.

I do not like Watchtower or Arcane Fulcrums. Watchtower is horribly imbalanced because it favors faster armies or armies with resilient blocks. I dislike Arcane Fulcrums because it favors faster armies and magic is already strong enough in this edition.

• Like 1

THe moving watchtower was fun.  It gets rid of a lot of the advantages that some armies have and adds an interesting twist to the scenario.  King of the hill is always good (especially with the magic/flaming hill), Mr. Lucky is nice because it adds a small twist without interrupting an otherwise normal game, same thing with reserves.

Mr Lucky was good, but both my opponent and I forgot to use him more often than not. 

I like blood and glory.

I'll pass on Watchtower as the unit size limitations really mess with horde armies and favor some armies in my findings.

The magic fulcrums was meh.

You just can't start in the watchtower with horde units, if you go first then you can just hop in there with a horde unit.

Scenarios i like:  Multiple objective markers on the board to pick up, anything that changes deployment such as dawn attack, battle for the pass is also a fun one.

Scenarios i dislike: Watchtower, king of the hill

I like the objective markers because it makes you move around the board.  Scenarios that change up deployment make you adjust on the fly with your gameplan, which i think is challenging and also makes for a more interesting game.  Every watchtower game i have ever played has been bad, regardless of my opponent.  I feel that anything that encourages your whole army to flock to one spot on the board makes for a messy game, and building rules really are bad for some armies.  I dislike king of the hill for the same reasons

I would prefer scenarios where it is actually required you engage  your opponent rather than hunt for treasure or trophies.  

I would like scenarios where you earn bonus points for having your generals battle in a challenge in the center of the board or perhaps have a scenario where the magic phase is in flux so you roll a D6 at the beginning of it and if you roll a 1-3 all spells are cast at -1 and dispels at +1, where as on a 4-6 all spells are cast at a +1 and dispelled at a -1.  Small chaotic options that don't have a huge game impacting change like having a vortex in the center or giving loremaster to a caster.  

I would prefer where in the games there are "attackers and defenders".  Attacks have 3 objectives to accomplish such as "Kill general, kill battle standard bearer, capture 2 standards"  where as the defender may have objectives such as "Kill general, defend the deployment zone, outflank the attacks (give 1 defending unit ambusher special rule) etc...

I find that modifying the base scenarios is fine as long as they do not have complete game changing effects, that creates unnecessary imbalances and immediately puts certain armies at a disadvantage.  

I know that making custom scenarios is not easy but sometimes simplified changes work wonders.

Well we all have ideas of what kind of scenarios work for us and we will all be biased. Human nature. It's Raindog's job to take our suggestions and work with them. Some scenarios will work better for some armies than others but no army will benefit from them all.

I just hope it is not a "win-lose" based on one object in a game but a combination of victory objectives. And Attacker/Defender scenarios tend not to be balanced in nature. They are fun but not fair to both player.

Also it will be interesting too because players will have to bring a balanced list ready for any scenario. I am still not sure of which list fits the current scenarios.

And no matter what some will just not be happy.

• Like 1

@Sylvos- many armies suffer from attacker or defender based objectives.  Here are 2 quick examples, based off your attacker/defender suggestions:

1) Dwarfs would struggle at being the attacker.  95% of the armies could just hide the things they need to kill.

2) Beastmen would struggle at defending.  They lack ranged shooting support and need to move forward.  More often than not, they won't hold the deployment zone.

Attacker/Defender scenarios are extremely difficult to balance.

Well we all have ideas of what kind of scenarios work for us and we will all be biased. Human nature. It's Raindog's job to take our suggestions and work with them. Some scenarios will work better for some armies than others but no army will benefit from them all.

I just hope it is not a "win-lose" based on one object in a game but a combination of victory objectives. And Attacker/Defender scenarios tend not to be balanced in nature. They are fun but not fair to both player.

Also it will be interesting too because players will have to bring a balanced list ready for any scenario. I am still not sure of which list fits the current scenarios.

And no matter what some will just not be happy.

I'll play any scenario at least once!  All I can hope for is a good game.  Just make your list based around the scenario objectives and you'll give yourself a winning chance.

• Like 1

Most fun I've ever had in a game of warhammer was

Every game by the book

With asymmetric objectives that were secret.

Start of every game both players drew their secret bonus objectives

from a pile. If you accomplished it you got extra VP

Examples

-kill the general in a challenge

- capture the opponents deployment zone

- hold own objective

- have no units below half

• Like 1