Looking for a learning game 🙂

Hey all!

Is someone willing to play a tutorial game with me to bring me up to speed?

So as I’ve posted before, Ive been out of the 9th Age loop for a few years now, I probably last played around version 1.0.

id love to play a smaller game (2,500?) to get the hang of the new stats and magic phase stuff. 

Maybe weekend after this? Let me know!

I've got armies of dwarfs, goblins, chaos and empire just collecting dust...

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Hey all!

Is someone willing to play a tutorial game with me to bring me up to speed?

So as I’ve posted before, Ive been out of the 9th Age loop for a few years now, I probably last played around version 1.0.

id love to play a smaller game (2,500?) to get the hang of the new stats and magic phase stuff. 

Maybe weekend after this? Let me know!

I've got armies of dwarfs, goblins, chaos and empire just collecting dust...

Hey Jason! I'm not 100% on what my next weekend is going to look like, but if I'm available I would definitely be down for a game; if any of the other guys can commit more solidly than I can though, I'll defer to them, @Pecksata @valourunbound @TheBeninator.

Where are you located? We often play in Vancouver at Dice Age on Saturdays, but I've been known to cross the bridge to play at Guardian too 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 3:52 PM, Jason said:

@Andrewgeddon Huzzah! that's (tentatively) great! haha

I'm in SE Portland so guardian/WoW are probably the closest places for me (i think?). 

Just let me know 🙂

Hey Jason, looks like Saturday is good to go for me, if it still works for you 🙂

How does around 1 sound? Either Guardian or Dice Age?

• Like 1

@Andrewgeddon yay! That’s great. I’m familiar with guardian and can make us a table reservation if that’s cool. Let me know!

So I played 9th age 1.0 and it seems like a lot has changed. I feel confident that I can make a list ...but not about anything else 😬

Do I need anything besides dice and measuring tape? I think I’ve seen magic cards in battle reports...

Maybe a smaller game to start? I can do 2,500 or we can go all out 4,500-5,000. Not sure what people are playing these days.

what army are you bringing? I’ll probably bring my dwarfs 🙂

Cool, Guardian sounds good!

You'll need either the "Magic Flux" cards, or there is a table that shows the different values, either one of those will work. The spell cards aren't required, but they are nice to have for reference. I can bring the Flux cards if you don't have access to a printer, no worries!

Smaller game is fine! We can do 2500, (4500 is the "standard" size), I'll probably bring out my Ogres 🙂

• Like 1

@Jason I can be available 1pm at Guardian Games. My brother was also interested, but he does not know if he's available yet. If I were to play I'd bring Orcs in whatever point arrangement is convenient for you. The darned daemon rules changed again (which frankly I am happy about) so I'm not in a rush to bring them out again. Would you be interested in that?

• Like 2

@Jason
Well no one else chimed in. I invited my brother when Andrew sent out an email if other people wanted to join in, my brother is available and would like to come that day. In light of us only having 3 people after Andrew had to reschedule, I have four proposed solutions

A) we bring small armies (2500) and try to play quickly, resolve 1 game then resolve the other. My thought is you'd play back to back.
B) We split one side in two. So you bring 2500 Dwarves, my brother brings 2000 Ogre (let's call them mercenaries) and I slap down 4500 Orcs 'n' Gobbos. (the thought here is you'd have less moving pieces to be concerned about, but you'd need to work alongside someone you don't know, that said my brother is a wonderful person).
C) We split one side in two. You bring a strong 4500 Dawi force and my brother and I split the 4500 between Ogres, Orcs, and Gobbos. (Super thematic, downside if being 2 against 1 feels uncomfortable, though I do believe we are agreeable people.)
D) I can come as a third wheel and help with rules referencing. (I won't be bored, I've got plenty of DnD style projects to work on). In which case I suggest you propose a point allotment (such as the aforementioned 4.5k.)

Do any of these sound preferred? Or do you have a solution of your own that you'd prefer? I am quite flexible and excited to play Ninth Age Fantasy Battles. (If you do want to go with the "split" army approach do tell me whether you want to go "no magic", "light magic", or "heavy magic". For dwarves I imagine 0-1 runes is no magic, 2-3 is light magic (expecting to get 2-4 dice a phase), and heavy is 4+ runes in the army (in which case I should suggest the Ogre mercenaries to go without magic) just to help create a smooth experience for the magic phase).

Bring your pretty faces to my axe!!!

The Dawi of clan Grom Grund will stand strong against tides of foul green-skins and ogre mercenaries. We’ve many grudges to settle! 

(I’ll play 4,500 against you guys, if that’s cool? I’m having fun with all these models I haven’t used in a long time and would love to see them on the table 🤓)

767F9377-4C75-4113-8DA3-BAC5EEB1059C.jpeg

• Like 2