Genestealer Cult in Progress

fingolfen

13 hours ago, WestRider said:

Looking great!

I got one of those kits, but I've mostly just been working on trying to use the parts to make an actually moveable elevator. Haven't seen one finished except for the box art, which is always sub-optimal.

Making a movable elevator would be somewhat challenging, but I'd love to see it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestRider said:

I got the basic idea from this Instagram. It involves a lot of tedious filing and checking to make sure the cog teeth are enough smaller to be able to move, but not so much that they can't hold it in place.

Wouldn’t it be a heckuva lot easier just to use magnets to hold the lift carriage at various positions along the shaft?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestRider said:

I got the basic idea from this Instagram. It involves a lot of tedious filing and checking to make sure the cog teeth are enough smaller to be able to move, but not so much that they can't hold it in place.

Looks pretty cool, but you'd have to motorize it to make something move up/down, and then it still might need a locking mechanism.

• 1 month later...

It's just another metamorph Monday... What do you mean it's Wednesday already!??!?!??? Crap...

Anyway - full squad of 10 hybrid metamorphs for the growing brood. These took me a while to get to where I was happy with them.

hybrid%2Bmetamorphs%2B-%2Bfull%2Bsquad.jpg

hybrid%2Bmetamorphs%2B-%2Bgroup%2B1.jpg

hybrid%2Bmetamorphs%2B-%2Bgroup%2B2.jpg

More info on the blog: http://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2020/03/genestealer-cult-hybrid-metamorphs.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Latest addition to the cult was for this week's painting challenge.  It was started in 2000 as part of my Armageddon Steel Legion from the original Codex Armageddon.  Airbrushed the camouflage base coats on several tanks, but never finished them as "life happened." For reference - the "before" picture was taken at 6:56 PM on March 30, 2020.

Much more at the blog:  https://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2020/04/another-russ-for-brood-with-backstory.html

No photo description available.

Redone as a Leman Russ for my Genestealer Cult with a turret and main gun still in the primer. Yeah, I know the Primer bit is more German than my typical Soviet, but I think the overall effect is a happy marriage!

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...