Genestealer Cult in Progress

fingolfen

• 3 weeks later...

Do you want more long range firepower? Sure, we all do! The guys down at the motor pool just returned this beauty to service. Comes with all the latest amenities - heavy stubber, heavy bolter, extra ammunition, and a spare fuel tank!

More at the blog: http://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2020/06/brood-brother-basilisk-no-chamber-of.html

basilisk%2B-%2Bfront%2B3-4-a.jpg

basilisk%2B-%2Bfront%2B3-4-b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the first five of my Atalan Jackals together and painted. By the Four-Armed Emperor these are some of the tickiest miniatures I've ever painted / put together. So many little details. Glad I'm only planning a unit of 10 of these. You guys running swarms of these - I salute you!

More at the blog: https://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2020/06/atalan-jackals-mad-max-for-genestealer.html

Image may contain: outdoor

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FastHippy said:

I know I am being crazy here- but does anyone remember those old cult limos. Maybe I am remembering wrong...

I remember those! But they weren't a thing that GW produced - they were converted toys that someone did for a big genestealer cult article/army list in WD waaay back in the day. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FastHippy said:

I know I am being crazy here- but does anyone remember those old cult limos. Maybe I am remembering wrong...

260124-Armored%20Limousine,%20Cars,%20Genestealer%20Cult,%20Limo,%20Limousine,%20Rogue%20Trader.jpg

haha nm it was defiantly a thing 😛

Oh I remember them... didn't do GSC back in the day, but I remember them.  The old list was very niche, but could be a lot of fun, especially if you went wild with the psykers...  😄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FastHippy said:

How do you do the streaking on the large panels- just a thin wash or?

I start with a dot of oil paint - usually oilbrusher from Ammo of Mig.  Then I have a flat brush with some thinner in it I use to actually streak the paint.  I occasionally do some dot oil filters as well before I go through with the rust, dirt, whatever streaks...

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 10:11 PM, fingolfen said:

I start with a dot of oil paint - usually oilbrusher from Ammo of Mig.  Then I have a flat brush with some thinner in it I use to actually streak the paint.  I occasionally do some dot oil filters as well before I go through with the rust, dirt, whatever streaks...

whats a dot oil filter?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The industrious cultists down at the motor pool have managed to stea... errrr, requisition a brand new unit for my Astra Militarum Brood Brothers detachment - a Deathstrike! I'm looking forward to seeing how the rules for this beastie change in 9th edition, but my Master of Ordnance has already given it the thumbs up.

More at the blog:  http://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-cult-goes-ballistic-deathstrike.html

107107273_10219233737487870_7283068046057612938_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=7GWFcBw6JDQAX8GWCKF&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=02fb8087c3f454f41259b27294a89f91&oe=5F27B10E

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, generalripphook said:

It looks amazing, but it does have a lack of battle damage. 

Obviously, that’s because the Adeptus Arbites detonated some sort of incendiary device inside the mining vehicle after they painted the Church of the True Emperor’s logo on the side. This was a False Flag operation!

The Adeptus Arbites, the Planetary Governor, and the Noble Houses are conspiring to make the Church of the True Emperor look like dangerous terrorists! The only thing in danger is their systematic corruption, man. We’re gonna fight the power, man.

Why don’t you come to tonight’s meeting in Mine Shaft Junction 34-A-Zeta. You’ll see what we’re all about, man.

• Haha 2