Rustbelt Ruckus

bunkbess20

1. Have a tray/ cookie tin to move your army from match to match to save time between games. 

2. Shake hands when you meet your opponent.

3. If your opponent has a terrible game or terrible luck, buy him a drink. 

4. Clearly show how you spend orders. Flip the token or place them in another pool when they are spent. 

Expanding on #4 from Raindog: have your tokens ready and organized right away. Bring only the tokens you'll need, and lay out what you need during your opponent's deployment in an organized fashion. Bring a notepad and pen or pencil, so you can write down notes about camo markers and stuff. Know your models and their rules intimately. Know the scenarios. Know any terrain rules you might run into. Most Infinity games & tournaments are just on regular urban tables, but sometimes TOs will throw a wrinkle in with woods or mountains or something. If you have questions, ask the TO. Don't be a rules lawyer, but don't be afraid to self-advocate if your opponent is trying to convince you of dubious rules interpretations. 

Most importantly, have fun! 

Well the weekend has come and gone and to be honest just yesterday was i able to recover.  Had an absolute blast playing 4 games of armory, firefight, tic tac toe, and eng deck.  went 2 and 2 and placed 27th.  All in all think i did well plan went according to plan until they didnt... mostly kodali getting crit one or two orders after she landed with 6-7 more to spend on her.  Played NCA, Acon, OSS and vanilla nomads.

infinity table 1.jpg

infinity table 2.jpg

infinity table 3.jpg

infinity table 4.jpg

infinity table 5.jpg

infinity table 6.jpg

infinity table 7.jpg

infinity table 8.jpg

infinity table 9.jpg

infinity table 10.jpg

infinity table 11.jpg

infinity table 12.jpg

infinity table 13.jpg

infinity table 14.jpg

infinity table 15.jpg

infinity table 16.jpg

infinity table 17.jpg

infinity table 18.jpg

• Like 1

good call! For it being my first time i believe ill get better coverage next year. more pics and turn shots.  I was so worried being under time that i was laser focused and missed out on any action shots. Lee the gentleman that put it on assembled a great group of players, had tons of prize support, (for all 47 people) with some left over.  Snagged me a squallo for my pan o as a prize, (score!)  Would highly recommend if anyone is over this way that weekend to join in, i'm going to try and convince my wife and boys to come with me next time and they can pool it the whole day while i game then i don't have to do the 3+ hour drive home.  All in all it was an awsome time!

early morning.jpg

infinity table 19.jpg

infinity table 20.jpg

infinity table 21.jpg

infinity table 22.jpg

infinity table 23.jpg

So looking at these tables and thinking about them over week, I would like to point out how open these tables are. There are multiple long fire lanes. There few are dense corridors and little scatter terrain.  There is nothing wrong with these tables, but it different from what I am use to playing on.