Sgt. Rock's Toy Soldiers!

Hm. It would be crowded, but probably? They're around 8mm tall each, prior to me putting them on those little circular bases, which are 12mm in diameter. They're pretty tiny, but I think they'd fit better if you put three on there. I'll post a picture of them next to some Space Marines tomorrow to give a better sense of scale.

My standard practice with 6 mm troops in the days of Epic 40,000 was to paint the figs more or less complete, paint the base brown or green, glue the figs to the base, then flock the base with the figs glued on. These days, with easier access to much finer flock (and the invention of grass tufts), I think this will be even easier.

Right now, I'm leaning to assembling armies out of Copplestone Castings' Evil Army for orcs and goblins, Pendraken's Dwarves, and High Elves. Not sure where I'm going to get my humans from... Copplestone's got some very nice "Not-Rohan" and "Not-Gondor" human figures, but there's also a lot of historical ranges out there too. Decisions, decisions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to some hobbying again, more 15mm fantasy. Left is a dwarf lady from Splintered Light Miniatures, right is a bowman from Hordes of Things' Celtic Warband pack. Tried something new, used Contrast paints over a zenithal priming, then used an airbrush metallic for the dwarf lady's hammer head. I'm pleased with both techniques, which I got from Uncle Atom on Tabletop Minions' YouTube channel. 

108137826_279087956841961_1767458240305626047_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wait... wait... Is that a protective cardboard barrier on your painting table!? HERESY! 

Without a three inch thick layer of spilt paint, thousands of hobby knife gouges, and a half-empty Mountain Dew that you’ve been meaning to throw out since the Clinton Administration, how can you honestly call it a painting table? 

• Haha 5

• 2 months later...