New Sisters Models - Sisters Bulletin

pretre

I'm looking forward to the box, but think it'll be a while until I field an entire army... like Spring 2020? I'm thinking the box has about... 800 points? Maybe?

The Sisters seem more like a refreash then a rewrite. No new units, just the same units updated for 8th and in plastic. From what has been shown so far, they will struggle against armor (high toughness). Their main anti-armor source is the meltagun and multimelta. 12" and 24", and that random d6 for damage, yikes. Will the only viable lists include three Exorcists? That would be a rumored 9d3 shots? I'd think an Imperial Knight or IG Deatchment of Leman Russes would probably be more competitive. Kinda depends on the Miracles and Strategims they get. Just, right now... how in the world will they deal with an all Knight list? Or Eldar Flyer list? never mind the new Space Marine Meta!

27 minutes ago, Tamwulf said:

From what has been shown so far, they will struggle against armor (high toughness). Their main anti-armor source is the meltagun and multimelta. 12" and 24", and that random d6 for damage, yikes. Will the only viable lists include three Exorcists? That would be a rumored 9d3 shots? I'd think an Imperial Knight or IG Deatchment of Leman Russes would probably be more competitive. Kinda depends on the Miracles and Strategims they get. Just, right now... how in the world will they deal with an all Knight list? Or Eldar Flyer list? never mind the new Space Marine Meta!

Nothing is rumored at this point, everything is out in the wild. There's extended range multi-meltas on units that can advance and shoot at no penalty, there's exorcists, there's a lot of options for high strength, anti-armor. Knights are not going to be a problem. Also, keep in mind with Miracle dice, you don't really have random damage. You just bank a 6 for the one that gets through the shield.

Flyers, on the other hand are more difficult since there aren't as many strats to counter the neg to hit.

In previous editions, SoB's were a close range shooting army. The army was seemingly designed for 8"-24", with the sweet spot being 6"-12". They had very weak close combat, with no access to power fists or thunder hammers, and very few models could have a power sword. Evicerators on the other hand were handed out like candy, but sadly really sucked.

What other options besides meltaguns and Exorcists will they have for dealing with high toughness, anti-armor? Do they have a good close combat unit yet, or is it still going to be a unit with T3 models, making 1 attack, at -1 to hit, so hitting on 5's, with no armor save and only one wound? It's also looking like Miracle Dice will be hard to generate, causing you to spend CP's as well as Miracle Dice.

I look forward to the new plastic models, but I think they won't be "top tier" and will require considerable play experience or thought to play well. They will be a tough army to play. Just like previous editions! 🙂

I like that you're explaining to me how Sisters played in previous editions. I'm well aware of how they've played for the last 20 years. I'm also aware that that description is not really that accurate for great sections of that time. Reds, JP Canoness, Celestine, DCA during the Power Weapon modeling era were all strong CC threats in the past. We also used to have Axe of Ret on every character,  if you just want PFs and Eviscerators have been all over the place for efficacy.

Without posting a link to all the leaks, I would encourage you to check out google and see what is on offer. There's a lot of options now.

1 minute ago, Tamwulf said:

Hmmm. The only one I was aware of is the floating lecturn thingie. Where are the rest of these units from? And you said etc., so are there more new units?

There's a lot of information out in the wild right now, since the whole codex is in the hands of a lot of people. Zephirim are CC Jump Pack seraphim, Mortifiers are shooty PEs, St Katherine is a big character unit, etc. 

• 1 month later...