Hey everyone,

OFCC is right around the corner, so it is time to get into overdrive on all the painting projects that we have been procrastinating on. You can really get a lot done in 2.5 weeks, so don't fret! Here is my list of hobby tasks to finish before OFCC.

1) Finish 70 bases for the dwarves

2) Paint and floc 3 movement trays

3) Finish painting some minor doodads on the Steam bomber and Grudge buster.

4) Paint all the banners and musicians

5) Paint the runesmith

6) Paint a Stegadon (For someone else) - To a basic 3-color level

7) Paint the trophies

8] Create the trophy platforms and assemble the final product.

9) Create more privacy screens for our Day-2 scenario

I think that's about it. Not a crazy amount of work, but enough to keep my afternoons and part of my weekends busy. What are you all up to?

Some pics of WIP:

05-D0-C3-E4-4599-48-ED-8021-1-E1109-BE60733836-A2-D2-E8-47-B3-B946-11408-BA04738

05-A120-BA-B041-4368-AB7-C-2-D72-E44125739-BA6-B1-D-491-A-49-F2-A2-B3-273-F6-E46

198-E6446-64-F5-478-A-84-CB-7-A1-B5-DD21

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on getting these Mammoth Hunters up to snuff. Vulture boi is actually completely base-coated now, but I don't have an updated picture. Washes / highlights / basing to follow hopefully, although if push comes to shove he'll be at a 3 color minimum once his base is done.

Npjyf07.jpg?1

K1KWpWv.jpg?1

REAAAAALY unhappy about the bronze on the spear dude's ironfist; looked a lot darker in the pot. My Tin Bitz is all dried up, otherwise I would have used that. Hopeful a ton of wash will dull it down enough. 

Left to do besides these guys:
-Swap out hands on 6 Tribesmen (have Ironfirsts, need paired weapons)
-Continue work on Rock Aurochs: paint the grey plastic parts I swapped it, clean up paint, highlight, drybrush... we'll see how much actually gets done before OFCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valourunbound said:

I know your pain 😞 My Tin Bitz is long gone, with Chainmail just barely holding on. I've tried the new stuff but it just isn't the same.

Yeah, I don't care for any of the newer metallics that I've tried. I've been using Vallejo Gun Metal as a replacement for Boltgun Metal. Not the same, but much better than Leadbelcher.

• Like 2

*Update*

Thanks to some help from @DisruptiveConduct all 3 trophies have been painted. Final step is to mount them on a piece of wood or something like that. Most of the modeling is done, all I have left is finishing up a stegadon, and painting a BSB and Runesmith. I imagine I will not be getting optimal amounts of sleep this week but it should all get done in time.

Here is to hoping i'm not forgetting something super important 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1