Sign in to follow this  
barca

TANKS-Giving 2019 in PDX area

17 hours ago, fingolfen said:

I can't do the 16th because my son is doing the Space Exploration merit badge at Evergreen Aviation Museum that day.  Any other dates?

That will be up to the GM(s).

• I think that we already have 1 or 2 volunteers, but I am not naming names until they confirm their commitment.
  • SAT 23 NOV, I prefer not to do that day because I am hosting a boardgame that Saturday. I could cancel it, but prefer not to.
  • SAT the 30th is on Thanksgiving weekend, so participation would be low.

I am trying to run this event and got some Ideas but need help.  

I have talked with Adam at OC-Geeks Games.  They have Six dedicated 4x6 tables for miniatures and if needed he can add more. He's got more room since they have expanded.

This would be more of a play event rather than a full tournament. A mix of "Lend-Lease" style (where the table and formations are preset) and regular play tables. So you can play as much or as little as you want, bring your army to play, or just use the preset tables.  All wars, all periods available.

To help, I need some Table hosts who have the books, formations, and know-how of the different games/scenarios.  ie Great War, Arab Isreali War, Nam, Team Yankee, and of course Flames of War, maybe specific scenarios like "Hit the Beach".  I'm thinking of 3-4 set-piece tables with hosts (of course I would be one of them with either Great War or Arab Israeli War) and the rest being open tables.

May even add a separate painting competition on the side.

Dates are flexible and I am currently leaning toward Nov 2nd or 9th.

3 hours ago, ZEKE said:

I am trying to run this event and got some Ideas but need help.  

I have talked with Adam at OC-Geeks Games.  They have Six dedicated 4x6 tables for miniatures and if needed he can add more. He's got more room since they have expanded.

This would be more of a play event rather than a full tournament. A mix of "Lend-Lease" style (where the table and formations are preset) and regular play tables. So you can play as much or as little as you want, bring your army to play, or just use the preset tables.  All wars, all periods available.

To help, I need some Table hosts who have the books, formations, and know-how of the different games/scenarios.  ie Great War, Arab Isreali War, Nam, Team Yankee, and of course Flames of War, maybe specific scenarios like "Hit the Beach".  I'm thinking of 3-4 set-piece tables with hosts (of course I would be one of them with either Great War or Arab Israeli War) and the rest being open tables.

May even add a separate painting competition on the side.

Dates are flexible and I am currently leaning toward Nov 2nd or 9th.

I can run (i.e., be "Table host") for Flames of War D-Day "Hit the Beach".  By start of November I will have all the terrain and forces for 100 or more pts of Geman, Americans and Fortifications.

I could loan terrain and forces for Team Yankee, 100+ pts of US and Soviet