OFCC 2020 date

Jiddyman

On 8/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, Jiddyman said:

Hello everyone!

So I'm super bummed I am going to miss this event, but i want to be sure to block it out for next year (we are ALREADY planning next summer's events in my house 😱) what weekend will OFCC be in 2020? Thanks!

-Jiddyman

It's official! July 24th -July 26th 2020 for next year's OFCC 2020! Same venue, the Vancouver WA Hilton 🤪

@evil_bryan made the announcement Sunday! More info to come, but dates are set!

image.thumb.png.25d4f26219def4e1e283e502e14490e8.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deadwing34 said:

I got not problem with the date change but was their some reason behind the date change?

In the previous two years, the end of August date put us in conflict with certain College and University schedules, let alone Labor Day weekend.  There were several teams in that two year period who -could not- attend due to school/work appointments starting, classes underway, etc.  A late July date forestalls both of these issues.  Locking in early this year (and more importantly announcing dates early) allows us more lead time to manage sponsors, promote and sell tickets, and make your future OFCC experience an EVEN BETTER ONE.

Because that's why we do it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Exile said:

In the previous two years, the end of August date put us in conflict with certain College and University schedules, let alone Labor Day weekend.  There were several teams in that two year period who -could not- attend due to school/work appointments starting, classes underway, etc.  A late July date forestalls both of these issues.  Locking in early this year (and more importantly announcing dates early) allows us more lead time to manage sponsors, promote and sell tickets, and make your future OFCC experience an EVEN BETTER ONE.

Because that's why we do it.

Ah ok makes sense the less conflicts for people the better.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, Sume said:

I hate to ask, as of this Covid-19 scare.  We are still looking to have this event?  As I think July should be far enough out.

Yes, the club is still 100% on having the event. We are in contact with the Hilton and keeping up to date with any policy changes.

Ill ask for the HoGs to start posting their event threads and make a general announcement about the events currently planned.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

Yes, the club is still 100% on having the event. We are in contact with the Hilton and keeping up to date with any policy changes.

Ill ask for the HoGs to start posting their event threads and make a general announcement about the events currently planned.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

That's great to hear.  I know where I work, cleaning the Salem Clinic.  We have to do extra steps and go through check points for it.  So it is something I have to deal with during the week.  Especially when patients have been there during the day with it.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.