MalifOFCC?

Yarbicus

On 8/15/2019 at 1:05 PM, VonVilkee said:

I still don't have my 3rd Ed stuff sadly... Nor the time to track down printables. I'll watch any game that does happen!

3E is fantastic... Im absolutely astonished with how well they've done with the keyword system and translation of their story/narrative to rules. The crews feel so thematic and work so well together that we wont see all star crews anymore. We'll see most of the masters being played and with their themed pieces. Sure there will always be outliers and circumstances of the contrary but in general a player can play what they like in terms of a master and be successful in the game. Thats not something that could be said for 2E. 

Im hoping ot submit Malifaux for the OFCC next year. Perhaps we can pull some players from other systems... 🤣

14 minutes ago, Fixxer said:

Im hoping to submit Malifaux for the OFCC next year. Perhaps we can pull some players from other systems... 🤣

As for a Malifaux event, just takes someone willing to do the leg work as a HOG and market it. If you pulled in 4-6 people at least, that's enough to run an event. Something to consider if you'd like to see it run. You've got the option for a smaller scale Friday event, or larger Weekend event. Plenty of time to think about it.

57 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

As for a Malifaux event, just takes someone willing to do the leg work as a HOG and market it. If you pulled in 4-6 people at least, that's enough to run an event. Something to consider if you'd like to see it run. You've got the option for a smaller scale Friday event, or larger Weekend event. Plenty of time to think about it.

It was more of a release issue this year than anything. M3E released late June which meant that it actually released mid July. Considering the meta and where players were at it just didnt feel like a good time to plan for OFCC.

Next year will be different as the new edition will have been out for over a year and there will definitely be more of a buzz. 

We'll be in touch. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Fixxer said:

3E is fantastic... Im absolutely astonished with how well they've done with the keyword system and translation of their story/narrative to rules. The crews feel so thematic and work so well together that we wont see all star crews anymore. We'll see most of the masters being played and with their themed pieces. Sure there will always be outliers and circumstances of the contrary but in general a player can play what they like in terms of a master and be successful in the game. Thats not something that could be said for 2E. 

Im hoping ot submit Malifaux for the OFCC next year. Perhaps we can pull some players from other systems... 🤣

Do a late Friday and late Saturday and I'm there! I run a 40k team and won't leave those guys twisting but give me time for travel Friday and dinner Saturday and I'll play Malifaux in addition.

• Like 1

@Yarbicus  Are you still playing Lucius exclusively? Have you had a chance to check out his Keyword and play style?

Im a huge fan of funneling as many actions through Agent 46 as I can. I think Doppelganger and Changelings are absolutely clutch in the crew and false witnesses can score scheme marker VP on their own as long as they dont get killed first with false claim. All the obeys really make that model strong for scoring points.

Obviously the crew is very squishy as they're a bunch of rich elitist pigs, but the control aspect of the crew is astounding. Definitely has character and a unique approach to playing the game. Looking forward to what you think about the changes, I thought they did an excellent job with Lucius from M2 to M3... like most masters. 🙂  All are viable with practice and understanding.

Glad to see you showing interest. Hopefully you can find a group up north to get some practice in too.  

2 minutes ago, Yarbicus said:

I actually know very little about 3e. Just started listening to Third Floor Wars to get into it.

I used to use Dashiel extensively but his 3e version might not be my cuppa. Maybe Hoffman?

Dashel is a Master now, he has his own keyword and summons stuff now, notably executioners. Thematically fitting as he runs the Guild Guard and dispatches the LAW to clean things up. He's still pretty motivational to his own crew by shouting orders, giving them focus, etc... He WAS Lucius henchman in 2E, he's gained rank, and now has his own interests. 

Lucius doesnt run the Guard stuff as much anymore. Focuses on Lawyers, investigators, False witnesses, changlings as his minions. Agent 46 is the new henchman and basically James Bond for the crew, its pretty bad ass. He also has access to the Doppelganger who can copy Agent 46's actions... LOL. Yikes. Hes a bit more slimy and feels very Neverborn in Guild, which is cool. 

Hottman is now a Dual master/traitor. He's joined the Arcanists while still serving the Guild. Quintessential robot/armor/healing master. He has a lot of different robots at his disposal between his keyword and duel faction options. I think he's got depth due to his plethora of hiring options, but plays a pretty standard "tank" game. This all makes thematic sense though. He's very strong in certain scheme pools, but will require some tricky hiring if a pool requires things of his crew they arent used to doing. 

We dont see much Guild round these parts unfortunately so I dont see these masters often. I run Lucius in NB sometimes so have a little experience there. 

17 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

So @Fixxer what do you have to say about Bishop? Still waiting on my gencon order... I know he isn't a master but I love my model so much I'll be building around him so master suggestion etc would be nice...

Gimme a place to start! Please?

Bishop is still Bishop. Still getting an extra action, still choosing a suit before he activates, Still has a stat 6 melee attack with a trigger on every suit. He is a 10ss enforcer with the Mercenary Keyword meaning he's a Vik's model.

This doesnt mean he cant be taken Out of keyword for an additional stone. I've seen him taken in a Hamelin crew as a model that can operate outside the token mechanic of Hamelin and just go cause problems/threaten models. He's basically a solo operator that can kill stuff in melee.

The only real downside is that he's Mv4 with an engagement range of 0" which can be a real problem. Basically you need to utilize Mv tricks to get him into position. Use his bonus action, Chain Gang, to get him out of combat in order to charge or into B2B with who he wants to attack so he's not wasting actual actions. Minus the ability to use stones, he's like another Vik out there it feels like. His other bonus action is Challenge which can help the Viks stay out of the enemy crews sights. That discard for the challenge is undervalued and has served me really well with my Titania crew... Autumn Knights can challenge too. 

Him and Barbaros are the Outcast cage fighters and offer some good muscle to the faction. you'll be paying more for Bishop and he's not a henchman... BUT with adaptive and his extra action, its a toss up based on the S&S. 

All in all a great model to be focused on. 

• Thanks 1