OFCC Highlights/Batrep Highlights

SigurdBC

Hey everyone, we made it back from OFCC in one piece and had a BLAST! I'm so excited I went out on a limb and joined up with the team this year, since this is the first time I've done anything like this. I just thought I'd start this thread and create a space for the team to share their favorite moments (inside and outside of battle) from OFCC 2019. OFCC will return and what's even better is that we only have 11 months to wait. July can't come soon enough. So without further adeu....

My favorite OFCC moments:

Round 1: Opponent's Battlewagon exploding and doing d6 mortal wounds to most of the rest of my army within 6" of it. One shotted my poor Iron Priest and wiped out an intercessor squad along with finishing off my Primaris Battle Leader. That game only went one turn before I conceded. Shortest game of 40k I've ever played. Nice opponent who gave me his favorite opponent pin on Sunday. It pays to be able to take a drubbing and keep smiling. At the end of my turn 1, we had a gentleman's agreement to have me charge my warlord at his warboss and have an epic HQ fight. His warboss won easily but it was still thematic. 

Round 2: My Venerable Axe/Shield dreadnought took on a Squiggoth in an awesome Pacific Rim style fight. My Venerable won but had the Squiggoth gone first it could have been way different. Opponent had some very fun grot tanks that he brought and the one Grot Suppa Tank "Benny Hilled" one of my dreadnoughts who just couldn't catch him the entire game. Really funny to watch. 

Round 3: My Hellblasters showed up the rest of my heavy shooting and overcharge/rapid fired a Stormraven out of the sky doing 14 unsavable damage. The Stormraven retaliated by exploding and doing a bunch of mortal wounds to my army. My Venerable Dreadnought continued to be a beast and took on an entire Assault Terminator squad and lived. I ended up getting the table on this game, but my opponent was awesome and despite being a new player I feel he played his list pretty well. Nice to see a bunch of terminators on the board from him. Gave this guy by favorite opponent pin. I think this was the round Kevin forgot about his Succubus he stuck in a ground floor of a building for the most of the game and found her while packing up his models after the game. Whoopsie. 

Round 4: My Deathguard opponent's two bloat drones both exploding on two separate turns (seriously who stored the fuel on all of the tournament model's vehicles?) and doing a bunch of damage, the second one finishing off two of my dreadnoughts. Also, hearing from the next table over Mike cry in despair, "For the love of God, get these bloodletters in the auras". Tight game with one of my Grey Hunter squads outflanking and charging into combat with one of his casters, killing him. 

Round 5: My first time playing against Tau in 8th ed. and it was a fun experience due to my opponent's list, which I appreciated. Fun guy with the game coming down to both of us needing to roll a 3+ with a reroll to secure the win. We both failed, and as a result I won the game by just a few points. On his Turn 2, he decided to charge his super heavy skimmer (Orca) into my Vindicator. I happily accepted the challenge and we attempted (unsuccessfully) to run each other over. On my last turn, my Ven. Dreadnought was almost a god dang hero when he almost killed two out of the three characters holding my opponents very valuable objective after making an 11" charge. My opponent made some clutch saves with his commander to keep his character alive and maintain a hold on the objective which forced the 3+ roll off. 

Outside of the games:

Barbeque place (The Oak) across from the hotel, and seeing the size of Mike's burger he ordered. 

Venue was amazing with so much room and great atmosphere to play

Kevin shenanigans: Sunday night he thought he "drunk stealthed" into the room and got into bed without me noticing him. Also, Sunday morning he starting a sugar packet fight in the room. 

Corey and Mike both forgetting things and having to double back to get them. We didn't leave Bellingham until 11am on Friday.

Car time with the guys. Thanks for driving Mike! 

Corey's awesome Mt. Dew/Cherry Liquer mix. 

That's my bit from this weekend. Fellas, please add your favorite moments below and have fun reading about the silly/stupid stuff we accomplished this weekend everyone!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'll be circling back with more details but.

Game one: Acribus (librarian) perfectly over watching overcharged plasma at charger. Slayed himself (preventing secondary chargers getting the extra movement) and hit with the other die giving me extra damage to capitalize on!

Game two: Khan cookies... Some how finished 7 turns. Pretty sure we just played the same 5 turns late game but we rolled lots of dice and did stuff.

Game three: having to advance my devestator centurions AND my thunder fire Cannon out of my deploy zone. Mission point random and came up be out of your deployment. Kinda figured this would happen but still managed to deploy these two slow pokes just to far back. I even ended up command point re rolling the thunder fire advance just to clear the base. Got my point tho!

Game four: almost killing Magnus the red through all his defense in a single turn. Stupid reroll misses mechanic! 3 separate mortal wound things rolling 3 denying me the reroll then -1 hit means swing and a miss. Magnus had 2 wounds left after that flank hit him hard. Also the reaction on my opponents face when all of my Marines on the left flank charged into tzangors he was not expecting that! This was in competition for my fav game. I also kept ” warming up” my paltry single two die deny the witch dice, bringing a chuckle to him, and not working at all.

Game five: my 6 scouts spending 4 turns effectively in his deployment zone on an objective and surviving! The army supported them just right killing just enough and it slowing down vehicles enough to let them hide and avoid assaults. This was my favorite opponent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.