Anyone play 30k?

Jwollheim

• 1 month later...

The majority of my custom successor chapter DA are using Mk3 PA and I've got a good chunk of HH compatible terminators. Chapter colors are all wrong, but my point is that switching to 30k wouldn't be too challenging on the model end. I've played a little bit of 30k, in the past. Never really found a friendly group for HH, so eventually stopped trying.

My main issue with HH is that they want too much cash for the rules, and they don't sell them locally. 

7e isn't a favorite either, but I actually recall HH being more balanced for 7e than 40k was balanced for 7e. For example, in HH your special weapon marines are a 10-man squad with 9x special weapons and a sarge. Makes them much more on par with the super-heavies that 7e pushed. Basically it solves the 7e probably of OP units by making everything OP....Not the worst solution and certainly better than regular 40k was in 7e.

That said, 4e or 5e would be a much more fun edition to play HH with. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jwollheim said:

@zcaust83well I’m going for a slow grow kinda thing if you’re still interested. Know where to get free pdf rules and such and have a couple recasters that do good stuff

Would be interested in free rules, if they exist.

• 1 month later...

I’m interested in playing 30K. I am mostly a collector and so I already have some of the books. I’ve just held off on actually starting any forces, not knowing if I’d ever get a chance to play... its seemed much more worthwhile to keep working on my 40K armies instead.

That said, I’m going to take the leap anyhow in the new year and pick up the books I don’t have and choose a legion to begin with.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm working on some Alpha Legion, and I have a decent chunk of a Word Bearers force already done. I've also got loads of 40K firstborn White Scars infantry and vehicles that I'll use for HH, as well. 

Just wanted to keep the flag flying in case anyone is interested (once I've got the vaccine and can get back to game nights).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I was a member here in 2012 and now getting back into games.  I am interested in some Horus heresy games.    Any players or groups formed?   
I can do some  Wednesday and Thursday evening and some Saturday and Sunday. 

I have a 2k-3k army ready to roll and almost