Jwollheim

Anyone play 30k?

On 8/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, ninefinger said:

@zcaust83 are you still linked in here?  Any advice?

I'm way late on this lol The people interested around here never wanted to actually play so I unfortunately gave up the ghost on that. seems like a collectors hobby nowadays. Same story up north I heard. Just read the books I say

2 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I can't help but feel as though still running on 7th ed is detrimental to HH.  

Dividing your player-based into two mutually exclusive camps just ain't a smart business move.

The majority of my custom successor chapter DA are using Mk3 PA and I've got a good chunk of HH compatible terminators. Chapter colors are all wrong, but my point is that switching to 30k wouldn't be too challenging on the model end. I've played a little bit of 30k, in the past. Never really found a friendly group for HH, so eventually stopped trying.

My main issue with HH is that they want too much cash for the rules, and they don't sell them locally. 

7e isn't a favorite either, but I actually recall HH being more balanced for 7e than 40k was balanced for 7e. For example, in HH your special weapon marines are a 10-man squad with 9x special weapons and a sarge. Makes them much more on par with the super-heavies that 7e pushed. Basically it solves the 7e probably of OP units by making everything OP....Not the worst solution and certainly better than regular 40k was in 7e.

That said, 4e or 5e would be a much more fun edition to play HH with. 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jwollheim said:

@zcaust83well I’m going for a slow grow kinda thing if you’re still interested. Know where to get free pdf rules and such and have a couple recasters that do good stuff

Would be interested in free rules, if they exist.