Warcry! Sharing is caring

49 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

So does Warcry require new models? I didn't see a Dark Elf faction (other than Sisters of Khaine). I have to admit, this has me interested in dabbling in AoS.

There are six Factions with all-new Models, and then another 9 that use existing Models. The selection for all the Factions is pretty limited, but there are still plenty of cool options. And yeah, Daughters of Khaine are the only Dark Elf Faction. I got the card pack for them, and they look really cool. Planning on picking up Models once my bank account recovers from OFCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

So does Warcry require new models? I didn't see a Dark Elf faction (other than Sisters of Khaine). I have to admit, this has me interested in dabbling in AoS.

The story is that these are chaos marauder war bands vying for glory.  The other factions represented by the card packs are like scouting parties, and the rest don't come to the chaos places, but you can always proxy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

They also have two undead factions, flesh eaters, and then skellies. I'll probably need to pick those up as I have scores of undead and it would be fun to run those. By the way, has anyone found a good review of Warcry anywhere? I have the rules but haven't found time to go through them yet. 

The Grand Alliance forums had a Warcry subforum, good place to learn about the various factions. Guerilla Miniatures has some good videos on the game too on YouTube. 

2 hours ago, WestRider said:

What did you use for the metal? The helmet on the dude with the whip and knife looks particularly awesome.

Mostly just mucking about-

I start with the brightest silver I have. (Vallejo Steel)

I then wash it with black ink.  I then mix Vallejo Black glaze with Black ink and put on heavily.  Usually Im done there, but this time I messed with Contrast medium with black, and thinned matte medium with black.

Basically Each layer of black is to achieve a different effect.  One gets the deep crannies, another tints the metal, the next would add pooled black, etc.  The other thing to note is I worked wet with all of it this time, so I could blend as need and wiper it away for instant edge highlight.

Whats not showing up in the pics is the thinned flesh wash after the black was dry.  I has intended to get a slightly rusty patina, but it was more like a slight bronzing, it really warmed the metal to compliment the overall theme of BROWN.

This was mostly a speed project, so there are some things that are a bit too sloppy, but I really don't care for this project.  I have too much half finished stuff already, so I wanted to see if I could be ahead of the curve on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1