Dang GW

1 hour ago, Kremmet said:

They look like if Necrons were what happened when Engineers met genestealers—and we’re doused with joker gas. I’m not a fan. 

I've been a pretty big fan of most of the AoS stuff that's come out, with the exception of the Karadon(?) Overlords. I think this range is definitely the worst models GW has put out in a long, long time though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I've been a pretty big fan of most of the AoS stuff that's come out, with the exception of the Karadon(?) Overlords. I think this range is definitely the worst models GW has put out in a long, long time though.

Yep, I’m with you. The execution is pretty high, but the idea seems poor to begin with. These just end up looking like a pile of genestealers with dumb head swaps and Morghast equipment thrown on. 

• Like 1

I think different heads would go a long way to improving the range. Some of these are just kinda silly.

Nova-Aug29-AoS-Models3grd.thumb.jpg.544f73c8c881b576dd2b56d2a143ed56.jpg

Credit where credit is due, I think the big boss dude looks cool. 

Anyway, just my opinions. Lots of people seem to like these, and I think it's great that these models will make people happy. But I personally really dislike these models, and I really don't see the "Tomb Kings" connection that other people seem to see in them, other than being skeleton-ish dudes / dudettes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Anyway, just my opinions. Lots of people seem to like these, and I think it's great that these models will make people happy. But I personally really dislike these models, and I really don't see the "Tomb Kings" connection that other people seem to see in them, other than being skeleton-ish dudes / dudettes.

I think a lot of the "Tomb Kings" stuff is wishful thinking and/or people still grasping at earlier rumours/speculation. If that's what they really want to see, they can probably find it in the smallest details, and convince themselves that the rest of the range will head more that direction.

• Like 1

Its pretty rare that I dislike almost the entire model line for a GW army, but I am not a fan either. But there does seem to be a lot of people who really like them. It does seem like this will be more of an elite Death army too which could be promising. I also think that with new army it will be easier for GW to protect their IP, rather than here is a human skeleton dude with a sword in his hand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deadwing34 said:

Its pretty rare that I dislike almost the entire model line for a GW army, but I am not a fan either. But there does seem to be a lot of people who really like them. It does seem like this will be more of an elite Death army too which could be promising. I also think that with new army it will be easier for GW to protect their IP, rather than here is a human skeleton dude with a sword in his hand.

Bob over at War of Sigmar actually said that making them more trademarkable was part of the point here.

Bonecast Eternals..expect new "Chambers" to opened regularly over the next year or so...

Kidding aside,,its probably the first new army release for AoS that im not really grooving on.First off wtf is up with the rictus grins??..I mean its a great look for the Deathgaurd Pox Walkers,,but elite skeleton warriors?...also the 4 armed dude seems out of place too.Ahh well,probably because I,like many were expecting a much more expanded on Deathrattle army with chariots and new archers and cav models.As it stands now,the only place for regular skeletons is in Legions of Nagash,,as just base battle line.

My oldest boy really likes them,,and he has a job now to buy in if he wants,heh

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Nova-Aug29-AoS-Models3grd.thumb.jpg.544f73c8c881b576dd2b56d2a143ed56.jpg

I wonder how they'd look in other colors. I don't like these models in this paintscheme. Happy skeletons doesn't look right, but if you painted them more as daemons, I think they might look good. Hmm...

image.thumb.png.9240c7cce5decee302166c75948cca40.png

I wonder how well these models scale with tyranids. I do like the idea of having more conversion options for my bugs. These definitely look tyranid. Warriors or Tyrants, depending on how big they are. Pretty sweet looking tyranids.

image.thumb.png.338b40888cd49e16b7f40633de09c782.png

Don't really like this one, but I am a fan of catapults being in fantasy warhammer. Would be super easy to replace this one with a catapult model from another faction, another game, or old undead/tomb kings. And this one might look better with alternate paint.