2k IG list for OFCC

Put in an order on eBay to get 20 autogun cultists. I'll do some conversion work on 'em and they'll be 20 conscripts that I plan to look like forge workers pressed into duty. 

New List:

CCS: 80
Lascannon

Primaris Psyker: 50

Ministorum Priest: 25

Infantry Platoon: 390
PCS: 50
Lascannon
Squad: 70
Lascannon
Lascannon
Lascannon
Lascannon
20 Conscripts: 60

Infantry Platoon: 340
Lascannon
Flamer, Power Axe
Flamer, Power Axe
Flamer, Power Axe
Squad: 75
Meltagun, Power Axe
Squad: 75
Meltagun, Power Axe

2 Leman Russ Demolishers: 340

2 Basilisks: 250

3 Griffons: 225 (Imperial Armor)

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: 63
Power Armor, Force Sword/Divination

Chaplain (White Scars CT): 95
Meltabombs

5 Scouts: 55 
Bolters

Aegis Defense Line: 85 
Icarus Lascannon

1998 pts

Very similar, except instead of rad grenades on the Inquisitor and kraks on the fighty blob, I now have 20 conscripts. I also switched the MotF to a Chaplain with the WS CT because I need him to join the fighty blob now and the Zealot USR and hit and run are invaluable. 

Now I'm going to have the Inquisitor and Primaris in the shooty blob in the backfield, the Chaplain in the fighty blob, and the priest with the conscripts. 

Gives me a lot more fearless bodies on the table and makes my theme stronger I think.

"Take a Chapter Tactic that is less useful" seems like odd advice. If you're going for pure fluff, SW or UM would be a lot better, as both of them have a reputation for working with the Guard in a very direct fashion; I'm not aware of any fluff supporting the Salamanders doing so (though they do often maintain close ties with their non-Marine relatives, unlike other chapters.)

"Take a Chapter Tactic that is less useful" seems like odd advice. If you're going for pure fluff, SW or UM would be a lot better, as both of them have a reputation for working with the Guard in a very direct fashion; I'm not aware of any fluff supporting the Salamanders doing so (though they do often maintain close ties with their non-Marine relatives, unlike other chapters.)

For OFCC this is good advice, forge the narrative and be less efficient. If the guard were more catachan jungle fightery less heavy tanks and no artillery, I would have loved the White scars guy. But he has lascannons, heavy tanks, and artillery so I just see a guy making that blob stupid efficient, bunch up the enemy with an assault hit and run out, hit with templates, rinse repeat...

It is solid but could be tightened up a bit.  Yarrick is a superior warlord as the CCS with the lascannon is simply underwhelming and too easy to kill.  Plus he is perfect for the Icarus.  Dropping one of the Griffons to get him would likely be the way to get the rest of his points.  The Inquisitor frankly isn't really necessary, the skulls are nice but the damage from them has been done and white scars aren't nearly as prevalent.  Either that, or dropping the White Scars in favor of more cheap priests would work.  He could get two priests for the blob and still save points from the Chaplain.  The outflank is nice on the Scouts and all, but he really should just be trying to gun the opponent off the board and could easily find a better use for those points, another Primaris likely.  Switching the Demolishers for Executioners would be better too as they give him more shots against MCs and with all the Prescience he has available the chance for Gets Hot! would be pretty damn minimal.  

I'm not saying that the list isn't good, but its far from optimized.  It looks very fun to play with and against.  Also Fluger, good job on not putting Pask in the Demolisher.  Way too many people think they should put him in any Russ variant.  I'm not a huge fan of the Demolisher, but I know that you really like them and they're also what you already have so that makes sense. 

In short, the perfect OFCC list. 

Hopefully one of these days I can get up there and get a few games in with you.  Gotta get some more batreps from ya! 

So tactically what I think will happen is the Megablob Conscripts etc are just there to wrap the artillery so wide that no melta can get into juice range of the artillery ever (potentially only allowing multimeltas a shot) and the megablobs lascannons will just fire away fearlessly to the end.  The Artillery will effectively be invulnerable to all but essentially the same kind of barrage list or terrible luck.  The Demolishers not only trundle behind the Melee blob to utterly ruin armor and enemies but also to draw fire from the more important artillery end game wise.  Yeah it would be nice to keep the Demolishrs alive but in the end, enemies will have better lines of site and more inclination to kill the Demolishers first.

the melee blob takes up a lot of space so it can stymie flyers to SOME extent or at least direct their path.  The Mega blob will already be spread out and fairly uncaring of even Heldrakes, though I imagine not above shooting one down if theres nothing better to do. 

And the hit and run is just icing that will stop anyone from altering the blobs intentions. 

That is my take on it.  As for tweaks and such, others have said enough on that but thats how I see it playing.  Am i close?

So tactically what I think will happen is the Megablob Conscripts etc are just there to wrap the artillery so wide that no melta can get into juice range of the artillery ever (potentially only allowing multimeltas a shot) and the megablobs lascannons will just fire away fearlessly to the end.  The Artillery will effectively be invulnerable to all but essentially the same kind of barrage list or terrible luck.  The Demolishers not only trundle behind the Melee blob to utterly ruin armor and enemies but also to draw fire from the more important artillery end game wise.  Yeah it would be nice to keep the Demolishrs alive but in the end, enemies will have better lines of site and more inclination to kill the Demolishers first.

the melee blob takes up a lot of space so it can stymie flyers to SOME extent or at least direct their path.  The Mega blob will already be spread out and fairly uncaring of even Heldrakes, though I imagine not above shooting one down if theres nothing better to do. 

And the hit and run is just icing that will stop anyone from altering the blobs intentions. 

That is my take on it.  As for tweaks and such, others have said enough on that but thats how I see it playing.  Am i close?

Can't imagine him playing it very different.  It's fairly similar to his list last year.  At least in principle. 

Inquisitors have a clause that always allows them to be the Warlord of the army, no matter what. (This is true even when they are allied in, and even when they are Desperate Allies.) An Inquisitorial detachment also does not "count" for your allied detachment, in the same way that Knights and Legion of the Damned also do not.

And yeah, Yarrick is pretty amazing. The fact that he is an IC that can issue orders is a really, really big deal.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Wow, I should get the dex. Makes for some fun narrative.

Knights can hold own slot, but at same time one is warlord, it means that is your primary detachment. I thought inquisitors might follow the same.

Yarrick is a very cool change and I love the idea of him in a giant blob, leading the charge.

And yeah, Yarrick is pretty amazing. The fact that he is an IC that can issue orders is a really, really big deal.

Yeah, he's pretty incredible when you factor that in.  At first I was like, PASS.  Then I saw he issues orders, and SENIOR officer orders, and I'm like, WOW.  

I was running a power-fist wielding commissar lord before as my warlord, I think he's going to be upjumped to Colonel Commissar status.  

Here's my new thought with him included:

Commissar Yarrick:  145

(Allied) Chaplain (White Scars CT): 90

(Allied) Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: 55
Force Sword/Divination

Ministorum Priest: 25

Infantry Platoon: 390
Lascannon
Lascannon