Sigmarines on Squares?

Greetings 9th age dudes!  In my wanderings, I've come across a handful of home brews for using Stormcast Eternals (on 40mm's, like Ogres) in EEFL and/or in 9th. Has anyone run into these rules before?  I know it sounds odd, but Mindtaker (and others) are loaded down with extra sigmarines, and I've got a hankering to be deviant.

@Andrewgeddon

@TheBeninator

CelestialesWIP.pdf

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Exile said:

Greetings 9th age dudes!  In my wanderings, I've come across a handful of home brews for using Stormcast Eternals (on 40mm's, like Ogres) in EEFL and/or in 9th. Has anyone run into these rules before?  I know it sounds odd, but Mindtaker (and others) are loaded down with extra sigmarines, and I've got a hankering to be deviant.

@Andrewgeddon

@TheBeninator

CelestialesWIP.pdf 600 kB · 1 download

Not familiar with the rules, but a quick look through, doesn't seem to be too over the top (which can often happen with homebrew rules). I few things I did note:

-Appeaser seems really strong, being able to shut off hatred automatically seems too good.
-Winged Colossal: 3+ armor save on a T6  monster seems high considering it also gets a ward vs how much it is negated by.
-Sentinels seem like a steal at 175, especially since you get to pick your ammo each round. Only 1 unit per army though, but basically 3 Bolt Throwers for the price of 1.

That being said, I certainly wouldn't have a problem playing against this army! Would be good to get a game in with you again sir!

3 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Not familiar with the rules, but a quick look through, doesn't seem to be too over the top (which can often happen with homebrew rules). I few things I did note:

-Appeaser seems really strong, being able to shut off hatred automatically seems too good.
-Winged Colossal: 3+ armor save on a T6  monster seems high considering it also gets a ward vs how much it is negated by.
-Sentinels seem like a steal at 175, especially since you get to pick your ammo each round. Only 1 unit per army though, but basically 3 Bolt Throwers for the price of 1.

That being said, I certainly wouldn't have a problem playing against this army! Would be good to get a game in with you again sir!

Did you miss the part where they can’t cast or dispel anything? That’s a HUGE nerf.

But ya, looks cool. You should make a list! There may be news of an escalation campaign happening soon for new players and/or new armies. We may have already worked out most of the details. It may be more than me just making this up on the spot.

10 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Did you miss the part where they can’t cast or dispel anything? That’s a HUGE nerf.

But ya, looks cool. You should make a list! There may be news of an escalation campaign happening soon for new players and/or new armies. We may have already worked out most of the details. It may be more than me just making this up on the spot.

Yea, I don't know if this guy's design predated the whole "caster templecity" line of Stormcast, including the ladies.  Not sure about that, but I'd need to read more into the magic phase to see how much that really would swerve.  And where you could make up in design space for removing it.  It is homebrew after all 😄  Now to find a used lot of stormcast....

1 hour ago, TheBeninator said:

Oof, I thought that was a Lineage you could take. Nevermind,  you can have your 3+ monster armor!

1 minute ago, TheBeninator said:

That would sully the honour of Ogres to be affiliated with Sigmarines.

LoL! They wouldn’t be ogres they’d be ....celestial golems?...they just happen to play like them....

The more I think about it there’s pretty good proxies for ogre units throughout the storm cast line...

• Like 1